Tinnitus and Dreaming

Discussion in 'Support' started by Neenie, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Neenie
      Depressed

Neenie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Do you have tinnitus when you dream? I don't. Does this mean it's possible somehow to suppress it if you train your mind?

2. jraulc_11
      Not amused

jraulc_11 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2014
      Tough question lol...I usually forget about my dreams when I wake up.

3. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      I have read stuff by kevin hogan where he says certain parts of the brain have t and some dont. I suppose this would fit his theory which I don't know much about, but it does sound interesting. And he is an advocate of hypnotherapy to treat t, which sounds like what you're talking about.

• Like Like x 1
    4. mmacabre
      Ape-like

mmacabre Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I have it really bad when I'm dreaming every night. I hear each tone in and out. I always have tinnitus in my dreams. :(

• Hug Hug x 3
    5. Oregonic

Oregonic Member

No. Perhaps it is a reason I enjoy sleeping! Every once in a while I wake up without T for a split second. It kicks in about the time I become aware of sounds in general.

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. Relic Hunter
      Cynical

Relic Hunter Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1990
      I have never had tinnitus in my dreams. I once remember having it but not hearing it. I was in a situation where I was trying to explain my tinnitus. It was the ONLY time that there has ever been a mere reference to my T.

Thank God. As sleep is sometimes the only refuge that I have.

• Agree Agree x 3
    7. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      No, sleep is the one time I finally don't hear my T. A few times though, I dreamt that I had T and was trying to explain it to people, but I didn't actually hear it. Sleep is the one thing I really look forward to for silence.

• Agree Agree x 2
    8. Mark Griffin
      Depressed

Mark Griffin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      I think your brain must shut down particular parts of the brain during sleep and your sub-conscience doesn't pick up on it. My dreams are also T free (as far as i can remember) It's a very uncharted area of science.

• Like Like x 1
    9. mmacabre
      Ape-like

mmacabre Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Guess nothing's shutting down when I'm asleep!

• Funny Funny x 1
    10. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      I dont but 2 nights ago i had a dream that i had a loud spike of T for like 5 seconds and it was like incredibly loud and then it went away... Either it really was a dream or i could of had a loud fleeting T while dreaming.

11. Zimichael

Zimichael Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      (1956) > 1980 > 2006 > 2012 > (2015)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ac. Trauma & Ac.Trauma + Meds.
      Hey, Neenie's back on the board!...Oh sh*t, I must be dreaming. Maybe I can re-direct this dream though to that Nobel she's winning c/o the cure for tinnitus she figured out....Yeah, yeah, I see it! I see it!

"Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing"...bloody alarm clock! Yawn....Oh that's my tinnitus. Sigh!

Best, Zimichael

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      My mind is funny. Since having T i have had a preacuring dream that i am sitting in a doctors office waiting to get prescribed the "cure" or whatever for T lol its nice when i have it though.

• Like Like x 1
    13. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Wassup Neenie??!! Haven't seen you post in awhile (actually I have been absent lately as well). Was a bit worried, but hopeful that you didn't need us anymore! Anyways, HI! :D

No, thank God, no T in my sleep!! Once I fade off into dreamyland, I am T-Free!! Now if that will just translate to wakeytime!!

Peace.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Neenie
      Depressed

Neenie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Hi all. Still here. Still got tinnitus. Still just as annoyed as before. Ah well. Lets move on. I sure as hell want to! haha, sigh

• Hug Hug x 1
    15. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids
      No T in my dreams; but for the first 4-5 months after the onset of my T it would wake me up every 2 hours (screaming beyond all reason) -- I think it had something to do with the way my neck contorted at night (cuz I could manipulate my neck and it would die down).

• Like Like x 1
    16. Mike TerMaaten

Mike TerMaaten Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 20, 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2013 GMC Sierra pickup truck
      Exactly !