Tinnitus and Hydration

Discussion in 'Support' started by Michael Field, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Michael Field

Michael Field Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9 - 10 years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I was tempted into joining the forum after reading an old post that suggested that tinnitus was worse if drinking water too much.
      However, I have found the complete opposite to this, and as well as tinnitus I also have quite severe neck and back of the head pain, if not fully hydrated, as well as unpleasant dreams at night.
      I drink at least 5 - 6 pints of water a day, usually with a splash of something to give a slight flavour (ribena, lemonade, or similar), on top of normal drinks - tea etc.
      I abstain from alcohol as this only makes it worse.
      After tests and x-rays my GP says the neck pain is degerative wear and tear from heavy work, and possibly a bit of arthritis too (I'm nearly 70).
      I don't know if there is any connection, but I'm also an IBS sufferer - considerably worse in the last 18 months.
      Any other sufferers like this, or views on this...

• Like Like x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Michael Field

Michael Field Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9 - 10 years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Obviously alone then, judging by all the later posters...

3. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      Water helps if I don't get enough fluid then my ears start to itch. Had my ears candled to remove wax build up the person who done it after she opened the candle and checked said you are not drinking enough water and she was right. Now its 6 glasses a day

• Agree Agree x 1