Tinnitus and Moods...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Steph001, Apr 15, 2012.

?

Does mood effect volume of T?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    1. Steph001

Steph001 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2007
      Hey, does anyone else find the volume of their T is greatly affected by your mood? Is this common?

I got really annoyed today, my T was extremely loud and I now have a massive headache and it's still not any quieter (despite me calming down!) and I have taken paracetamol for my headache.

So just wondering, is this normal?

2. Jim
      Happy

Jim Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      I would have to say for me it is pretty much the opposite. The volume of my T effects my mood.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Steph001

Steph001 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2007
      That is what mine is normally like which is why I was surprised that me being annoyed effected the volume so much! Just hoping it was a one off...

4. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Oftentimes when I'm anxious or worried or just generally down I somehow tend to concentrate more on the noise, and therefore it seems louder when on the center stage of thoughts.

I voted yes.

It works the other way around too. A great day can end up me feeling sorry for myself and anxious if I'm sleeping in a new surrounding and didn't remember to bring my iPhone along... (& lovely ambient sounds)...

Welcome to the forum, by the way, Steph.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Steph001

Steph001 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2007
      Thanks for your view, I would say that sounds similar to mine which is somewhat encouraging I suppose. Although I do sometimes find the soft music/sounds on the ambience app prevents me from sleeping just as much as my T which is frustrating!

Haha thanks, it's really helped so far :)

6. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Welcome, Steph! I voted no, because, like Jim, mine is just the opposite -- the volume of my tinnitus affects my mood.

I can almost tune it out during the day, but when my tinnitus is loudest (at night), it makes me anxious. I have to retreat into listening to sounds or music to take away the anxiety.

Thanks -- provocative question! It'll be interesting to see how all of us vote.

7. mike

mike Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1 1/2 months
      The T affects my moods.I guess i can say it is both ways if that makes any sense.

• Agree Agree x 1