Tinnitus and Pulsatile Tinnitus Caused by Severe Allergies?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Michelle34me, May 12, 2023.

1. Michelle34me

Michelle34me Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi everyone,

I am so scared. My tinnitus, along with pulsatile tinnitus, began about 6 weeks ago after suffering from really bad allergies. Ever since my ears have been ringing, and I have pulsatile tinnitus when the ambient surrounding is super quiet.

My ears constantly feel like they have to pop. I feel pressure in them and I feel like I am stuffed up in my ears. Sometimes I have a little bit of pain in them.

I’m freaking out, especially after reading about pulsatile tinnitus. I’m scared.

I have an ENT appointment on the 24th of this month, but in the meanwhile, I’m afraid it’s odd because I swear it’s from allergies but I don’t even know if that’s possible.

I would appreciate any advice. Thank you so much. I’m praying for all of us that the noise will stop.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Hardwell

Hardwell Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/10/2015
      Hi Michelle,

Sorry to see your post, tinnitus and pulsatile tinnitus truly can be terrifying. Allergies certainly can cause both types. The good news is that if it’s caused by allergies, then treating the underlying cause should ease all your symptoms in time. 6 weeks is a very short timeframe tinnitus wise so try not to panic too much just yet.

I’ve only experienced pulsatile tinnitus a few times recently, unfortunately I’m not too clued up on it. But to my understanding there’s a better chance of easing/eradicating pulsatile tinnitus than your standard variation. Hopefully someone with a better understanding can clarify that for you.

• Agree Agree x 1