Tinnitus and Turkey

Discussion in 'Support' started by Joe4, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Joe4
      Busy

Joe4 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      So it’s my first Christmas with tinnitus. Not really a presant I wanted to get myself this year but that’s life.

As it’s the festive time of year, my high spirits are enabling me to see the funny side to things. For example, my dads favourite song is “Enjoy the silence” and with it being Christmas “silent night” is unavoidable on the radio, however patronising I find these songs, I now see an irony to them. If you can’t laugh at yourself, what can you laugh at.

Having tinnitus has definitely taught me to appreciate life’s blessings abit more so I think I’ve looked forward to Christmas more this year. I like seeing my family and friends and now I appreciate that time even more. Although like many here my T gets exponentially worse with the rate I consume alcohol. So that side of Christmas will be interesting.

So as I’m here lying in bed listen to my favourite album (Avicii - STORIES, I know not everyone’s cup of tea) reminiscing over the past year, one which has changed my life forever. I feel it would be easy to say it’s the worst year ever but it really hasn’t been. My life’s changed, yes, it’s different, yes but is it really that bad? Considering the suffering etc in this world it’s really not. I just appreciate everything and everyone that much more and I think it makes me a better man.

So from a fellow sufferer who is just tired at thoughtful at this festive time, I wish you a merry Christmas and a wonderful new year. All the best.

Joe

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Good attitude Joe. Merry Christmas!

• Like Like x 1