Tinnitus Appears in My Head Rather Than in My Ears?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Worried9, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Worried9

Worried9 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earwax
      Hey guys. I posted a few days ago about my wax buildup in only my left ear that led to pretty loud tinnitus for a day and a half. I went to get the wax removed and the T went away.

After about an hour and a half, I was thinking to myself "thank god it was only in my left ear, I hope it doesn't start happening in my right ear."

And myself being a sufferer from somatization (the tendency to convince myself I am experiencing symptoms that I'm not really experiencing) started to hear a high pitched sound in my right ear.

It's not as loud as the original sound and it almost sounds like the noise a tv makes which leads to me to believe that I am imagining the noise. The noise also appears to be "in my head" rather than "in my right ear."

Any ideas on if I am actually hearing the noise or not? I don't expose myself to loud noises, I'm not losing hearing (had an audiologist test my hearing when I got the wax removed) and I'm relatively young (18.).

I also seem to forget about the sound until I think about it, which also makes me think I am imagining it. Any ideas on what to do?

Anyone else suffer from somatitization? Any help is appreciated

2. Sandy B
      Inspired

Sandy B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/96
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing test set off
      You might try heat on your ears to relax you. I use a heating pad or my infrared heating wand. Also a sock filled with beans and tied then warmed in the microwave works too. I use all of these at times. Humming your favorite songs helps too as it releases endorphines to calm you. All will help you cope.