Tinnitus Both Ears — Unknown Cause

Discussion in 'Support' started by David79, Apr 11, 2018.

1. David79

David79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi,

I’m new to this and hoping that some of the people knowledgable on tinnitus on this forum might be able to help me. I’ve had constant ringing in both my ears for the past 5 days. It seems to have started suddenly and I can’t think of any event that could have cause it.

I don’t work in a noisy environment, don’t wear earphones and don’t listen to loud music or any other noises. However when my tinnitus started I also felt severe fatigue for a few days and felt some minor pain in my ears. The ear pain has passed but I’m still fatigued. The ringing in my ears is constant.

I went to my doctor and after examination was told he could find nothing obviously wrong. I’m due to go for blood tests early next week.

Any thoughts on what’s going on?

Thanks

David.

2. astaff14

astaff14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earwax/Botched Irrigation/Noise Trauma
      Could you have an ear wax build up? That's how my tinnitus began. Any jaw/dental issues? Misalignment/TMJ dysfunction etc?

3. dingaling
      Asleep

dingaling Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, probably loud music
      Apart from the fatigue, were you feeling unwell? Are you overdoing things? The fatigue seems to be telling you something...

4. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      When you said you went to a doctor, was it an ENT? I would suggest that and Audiologist. No downside to do this stuff early on especially if you are having some anxiety around it.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      David79

David79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Haven’t been feeling stressed or anything lately. I get some symptoms that I’m used to when I get stressed like mild anxiety but it’s very rare and manageable. Fatigue is subsiding but still present.

Haven’t been to see an ENT yet. That’s the next stage after blood tests as I’ll need a referral from my doctor.

Interestingly I can temporarily stop the T by rubbing my ears. But it only stops for about 30 seconds.

I’m not feeling particularly stressed about the T. I had insomnia about 5 years ago and it helped me develop some good coping skills. Of course it is possible that I’m feeling some latent stress and this is how it’s manifesting.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      David79

David79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Haven’t been feeling unwell. A little bit dizzy maybe. I thought perhaps this was some sort of vertigo? But I don’t have any other vertigo symptoms.

7. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @David79 I would discuss with your doctor complete blood analysis for fatigue. That would include TSH, Free T4, Cortisol, Hemoglobin A1C, Vitamin D and Iron. These tests are all standard for fatigue, but some doctors don't order them.