Tinnitus Caused by Allergies/Congestion (Started Hearing Ringing When Grass Pollen Levels Were High)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Illusoryduck, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Illusoryduck

Illusoryduck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
      Hi all,

Looking for some advice as I’m sure this ringing in my left ear is caused by allergies/congestion. It initially started about 6 weeks ago when grass pollen levels were wiping everyone out. I’ve been spending a lot of time swimming as it’s been unusually hot in the UK.

I went to doctors 3 weeks ago and was initially told it looks like swimmer’s ear and was given some antibacterial spray which didn’t do anything for the ringing, but cleared up the redness in my ear.

I visited the doctor again last week, who thinks it’s now congestion which I will just need to wait it out or try anti-inflammatory, antihistamine and decongestants. Ear currently feels like it needs to pop and feels swollen, but not sore. I used to be able to pop my ears by holding my nose and blowing out my cheeks. My right ear crackles, but left ear does nothing.

Is it worth it trying a medication, or should I just wait it out for everything to clear?

Any advice would be great. Thanks.