Tinnitus Caused by Inner Ear Surgery: Any Attorney Who Can Help Me File a Case Against the Doctor?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ginagg738, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Ginagg738
      Lucky

Ginagg738 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 9, 2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Side affects from inner ear surgery
      Hello...

My name is Gina and I need to know if there are any attorneys here who can help me with filing a case against a doctor.

I had inner ear surgery September 26, 2019. After 3 follow-ups, I developed tinnitus. I was not told that it would be a side effect and had I known, I never would have had that surgery. Now, my life is a living hell because of this. Horns blowing, cicadas chirping, bells ringing, etc. I constantly cry. I am beyond depressed. I can't even get the doctor who performed my procedure, to help me at all. I can say so much more, but I'm going to leave it at that for the moment.

So if anyone here can help me, I would really appreciate it.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      So sorry to read this has happened to you Gina.

What was the procedure you had done?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ginagg738
      Lucky

Ginagg738 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 9, 2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sorry. My computer was acting up. The procedure I had was supposed to be a reconstruction of my eardrum. I'm not really sure what all he did, but another doctor told me that my surgery was not successful. That was totally devastating for me to hear. Also, the hole that I had in my eardrum is back.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ginagg738
      Lucky

Ginagg738 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 9, 2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I just wanted to post an update on my tinnitus fight. I'm never going to just give up. I think doctors should be held accountable for not telling their patients what could happen to them in the advent that something goes wrong with surgery. In my case, FREAKING TINNITUS.

It's been a nightmare, but I'm not giving up on my life.

But, I do plan on holding this doctor accountable for what happened to me and then blowing me off after it happened. I sent 2 letters out last week to the hospital he works for and the clinic he works at. Both letters were addressed to the administrators. I want to see if they would like to come to an agreement without court, or we can go to court. Either way is fine with me. I plan to give my story to the media also, so others can be aware that this could happen to them. It's a shame you have to take drastic measures in order to get heard, but, whatever it takes, I'm going to do it. I have to live my life with this train wreck that I did not cause. But they are going to know that they are not going to get away with this. They will think twice about it happening to another patient.

I'll keep you guys posted on what happens and I pray that all my tinnitus friends get better.

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ginagg738
      Lucky

Ginagg738 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 9, 2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This is the response from the letter I sent:

20200802_053648.jpg

6. Mark79

Mark79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ent
      Hi Gina,

I feel for you because my story is similar to yours. I had surgery a month after you, an ENT inserted a tube into my right ear drum, ever since then I’ve had tinnitus. Prior to surgery the GP and the ENT never mentioned this procedure may cause tinnitus. Only just recently I’ve been thinking about taking legal action. I would be interested to know if there are any other tinnitus sufferers on the forum who have experienced something similar and sought compensation.

Good luck and take care,

Mark

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ginagg738
      Lucky

Ginagg738 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 9, 2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just a little update on what is happening with the letter I sent out to the hospital where I received my inner ear surgery and resulted in me developing tinnitus. I still plan on getting my story out one way or another.

I have since then received an email from the hospital stating that a charge has been taken off my bill. Even though it was one of the visits from the doctor whom I blamed, it wasn't enough, but, it also was a hint of hope for me that they are at least taking me serious. I have a lot of faith that God is going to see me through this situation.

As I stated before, I still intend on going to our local media and speaking about this silent nightmare that so many people are living with and can't find relief from. My sounds are getting more horrible and seems to be getting louder also. Sometimes I just breakdown and just cry. I absolutely hate this mess. It has changed my life drastically. Nothing is the same anymore. I still can't sleep at night without sleeping pills and I'm really tired of taking them, So most nights I just stay up and I find myself watching the sun come up every morning. I just want to be normal again. Something that realistically I know is not gonna happen. And if I hear one more person say give it time, it will go away, I'm just gonna scream. It's crazy. This condition takes you to the edge, but I know I can't give up. I did a review on that doctor's website and it wasn't a good one. If I could, he would have gotten 0 stars.

I'm not letting up until I get some satisfaction. Tinnitus is no joke. My heart goes out to all sufferers however they got it.

I will keep posting results I get with my fight and just want to encourage everyone here to stay strong and I will continue to pray for all of you.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Mentos

Mentos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, loud rock concert
      Good luck with your case. You will probably shortly notice that doctors, media and society does not give a damn about tinnitus and the patients. It's invisible, impossible to prove hence very difficult to win such a case in court. Let us know how things are going with the media and court.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ginagg738
      Lucky

Ginagg738 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 9, 2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You are absolutely right. I'm finding that out now. Every attorney I have spoken to so far has turned me down. They act like they are concerned at first, then I get an email with some lame excuse that they spoke with their boss and they don't think it is worth taking. Thank you for caring enough to share that with me. I'll keep you posted on what happens next. I'm not giving up.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ginagg738
      Lucky

Ginagg738 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 9, 2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I just wanted to update my friends here on my search for an attorney. I finally found one who is going to help me. The good thing about it, he has sued this particular hospital before but he said he hasn't sued this doctor. Anyway, he is willing to help me. I told y'all I wouldn't give up. He has since served papers to that doctor and now we are waiting for my records to come in. I'm going to win this thing one way or another. It goes to show me that there are good people out there. He didn't even charge me for drawing up those papers and he assured me he would do everything in his power to help me. I'm very grateful for him.

I will keep y'all posted on how it's going and remember I'm praying for each one of you. God bless.