Tinnitus Caused by Tension?

Discussion in 'Support' started by angelsprout, Jul 26, 2018.

1. angelsprout

angelsprout Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      hello everyone,

I tend to feel my tinnitus coming from the back of my head, sort of where my neck meets my skull, and occasionally I get get these very sharp pains in my head that go away within a few seconds.

I also feel as though there is pressure on the back of my neck.

Could this be an indicator that my tinnitus might be caused by tension in my neck/shoulders?

A few weeks ago I went to the doctor and was told that I had very tight shoulder muscles, and was suffering from tension headaches.

Does anyone know of any methods to loosening up shoulder muscles? I’ve tried a few but I haven’t been really successful. I’m hopping that relieving some of the tension may help relive me of some of the ringing.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. dfw
      Cool

dfw Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      sports arena
      Sacral cranial therapy, or just a plain massage from a good therapist is a great place to start. I, as well have very tight shoulder, neck etc muscles. Stress, anxiety can be a very big causation of tight muscles up there and tension headaches.

In additi9n yoga, meditation, muscle relaxation are very beneficial to these muscles.

Best to you on your journey.

3. Michael B
      Supportive

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earbuds
      Curious whether tension caused your tinnitus or the other way around. I never experienced tension- related headaches before tinnitus but get them now.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      angelsprout

angelsprout Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I think that the tinnitus may have defiantly made the tension worse considering it does stress me out sometimes, but I have suffered from tension/ headaches before I got tinnitus.

• Hug Hug x 1