Tinnitus Disappears and Then Reappears

Discussion in 'Support' started by Samir, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Samir
      Obedient

Samir Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accoustic trauma
      As I am waking up in the mornings, I sometimes don't hear my tinnitus. It seems like it's completely gone, and it feels so good. I just want that moment to never end. But as I become increasingly more self-aware, it slowly creeps up on me.

I have experienced this a few times. Has anyone had the same or similar experience? How do you explain this?

2. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Happened to me many times.

Maybe in the first moments of the morning parts of our brain are still asleep, and only when those parts wake up we hear the sounds, or maybe you are on your way to habituation, which means hearing T only when you give your brain the task to search for it, and that's exactly what you're doing when you think in the first moments of the morning "Wow, silence, no tinnitus, could it possibly be gone?" Then your brain looks for it and finds what you're wondering about, to give you the answer. If i were you, i would just jump out bed and start my day.

To wonder about T and your brain not to find it would mean complete healing. You are not there yet. I would just settle for habituation. Being ok with habituation does not affect at all the chances you have to be completely healed one day.

• Agree Agree x 1