Tinnitus Dropped Instantaneously After Biting a Sour Organic Orange

Discussion in 'Support' started by Finnigan, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Finnigan
      Stressed

Finnigan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Injury maybe
      Ok Folks. Someone needs to explain this to me. I bought a bag of organic oranges hoping they would be sweet. Sliced one up, tried it and it was sour as all hell. My mouth and face did the normal sour reaction and the volume of my tinnitus dropped. I was/am so shocked by this so I thought I would try it again and it did it again.

Of course it is NOT the vitamin C so what the heck just happened????

Someone needs to explain this to me. LOL I’m standing in the kitchen almost in tears over this. I still have terrible tinnitus

But it dropped some instantaneously after biting into a very sour orange.:dunno:

• Good Question Good Question x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Since you been having a dry mouth, maybe you had a salvia stone blockage and acid form the orange may have released it. If you did have a salvia stone your gland could have been swollen causing facial numbness affecting the facial nerve and probably at least part of your tinnitus. Tooth decay or problem teeth can be a cause of salvia stones, dry mouth or overactive salvia glands.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The way Neuromod device works is
      https://www.neuromoddevices.com/company/technology

Perhaps your trigeminal nerve got stimulated by that orange. If this is the case, it might mean that you are more likely to be one of the people who can benefit from that Neuromod device (as your tinnitus CAN be decreased by stimulating that nerve)!

• Genius Genius x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Maybe it wasn't the orange per say, but you have somatic tinnitus that can be modulated by movements of the face?

• Like Like x 1