Tinnitus Due to Tension Almost Gone

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by JockeP, Feb 22, 2018.

1. JockeP
      Musical

JockeP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Somatic/tension
      Hi
      I just wanted to share my experience about tinnitus and hyperacusis, so people who experience this also can read this and get to know that very often this is NOT something you have to live with all your life if, you are willing to make some life changes. I'll make this long story very short.
      I got tinnitus in june 2015. I just woke up in the middle of the night with a high frequency sound in my head. This made me panic and got me extremely stressed out. And stress was and is the reason I got tinnitus in the first place (I have learned afterwards). But nowadays my tinnitus and tension in my body is much lower than when my tinnitus first started. In the beginning i could here it almost everywhere, like next to the highway or while listening to pretty high music.

My tinnitus is fading away as the tension in my muscles are getting lower. The tinnitus and tension is just a sign that I still have too much tension in my muscles because of stress. If my tinnitus was at an avarage of 8 in the beginning, it is now at 2. I have had many days where I can't here it at all in an quiet room.

The person who runs this site https://www.somatictinnitus.com/ is extremely good at what she does and she is the one who has taught me how I can get rid of my tinnitus. As time passes it gets lower and lower so I am sure it will fade completely in the future.
      This is what has worked for me so I'm sure it can help someone else too. This is just something i would have wanted to read in the beginning of my tinnitus so this is why I wrote this here.

Take care everyone!

• Like Like x 5
      • Informative Informative x 2
    2. Ambassador
      Cool

Ambassador Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss and lifetime noise exposure
      Cost?

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JockeP
      Musical

JockeP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Somatic/tension
      You mean the cost to get help trough the site I linked to? The price will differ depending on how much "education" you need. But i think i have payed around 400 in dollars over 2.5 years for the help I have needed.

4. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      A lot to pay and too long to wait for results.The way you talked at the beginning is like you had instant results.

5. Björn Andersson

Björn Andersson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Very interesting reading. I have started a conversation with you :)

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JockeP
      Musical

JockeP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Somatic/tension
      I don't find it expensive because it is an expense not bigger than a small trip with the family which leaves you more educated about how stress can lead to muscle tension. Which in turn can lead to bad symptoms and how you can handle it "the right way" so that you don't let the stress bring any unpleasant symptoms. And this way you have the "tools" yourself to get rid of all the bad stress and at the same time symptoms like tinnitus. But yes you need to be willing to put some time and effort into learning about it and to change your old behaviour in some ways.

And if you think that it takes to long for results ,the fast ways are usually not good long term in my experience.

• Like Like x 1
    7. MartinH
      Angry

MartinH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows?
      This thread is a bit old but, as many of us would, we'll try anything for some relief. The link takes you to a website that basically charges $17 to fill out a questionare. I don't know if they contact you and try to sell you more stuff or not.