Tinnitus Experiment/Potential Fix — Ketogenic/Paleo Diet & Ceasing Sexual Activity

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jacob256, Mar 30, 2020.

1. jacob256

jacob256 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Genuinely believe excessive sexual activity + stress
      Hey guys I've been reading a multitude of things about tinnitus because I acquired it a little over a month ago lol. My parents and brother all have it. My dad said he had it for 20 years and then he did the paleo/AIP diet for a couple months and it went away. But he dropped the diet later on and it came back. My mom's and brothers are both related to their neck positions and my brother said he's had it as long as he can remember and he's 23. I'm hoping that my case isn't permanent because the sounds change in type as well as volume nearly every day and it's "random". The only consistent thing is that it seems to be best whenever standing up, worse when lying down, and worst when laying with my ear on my pillow (so all other sound is blocked out).

I'm a 25 year old male with a masters degree in industrial engineering and I randomly woke up with it one day without any exposure to any loud sounds or anything like that. I'd been dealing with some other weird issues though mid January and was in the hospital for 4 days. And after all sorts of hospital testing, everything was "normal" so they sent me home. I noticed one day after taking a benzo class drug, the tinnitus cut to like 1/3rd intensity, which I thought was odd. It turns out that medication class binds to something in your brain called GABA receptors but using benzos long term can really screw you up so you want to be careful with them. GABA is a calming neurotransmitter that is supposed to balance out with another neurotransmitter called Glutamate, which is an excitatory transmitter. The only thing I could think of that could have caused issues was chronic stress since the past year of my life was the most stressful one I've ever had. Sure enough, I read that a GABA/Glutamate imbalance can be caused by chronic stress, which can lead to all sort of crazy issues.

I've read that many people with tinnitus find relief from magnesium, which binds to your GABA receptors so it makes sense. Supplements didn't seem to work/make a difference for me though: I tried magnesium glycinate, zinc, vitamin B12, Vitamin K, omega fatty acids, and something called taurine, which is an amino acid. I felt like taurine actually made my tinnitus worse but a lot of people said it helped them. Other things that I've read may help are L-Theanine and Lithium but I'm done with the supplement route for now.

The Ketogenic/Paleo diet is supposed to remove a lot of foods that are high in Glutamate/lead to high Glutamate production, which is the reason I'm testing it out and what I think may be the source for me. I'm also going to cut out foods that may be "healthy" but are higher in glutamate such as tomatoes, broccoli, and mushrooms.

This is dead serious but something else I noticed after testing it a handful of times to verify it (because I thought "there's no way" at first) is that orgasm makes my tinnitus worse (or may even be part of what started it) so I'm taking a break from sexual activity for a while. I don't really understand how or why this works but I read a few cases of some people's tinnitus disappearing after ceasing sexual activity for a while so I'm not alone lol.

I'll update you guys if it goes away and I also want to post this because it helped me significantly regarding sleep and after listening to it for 5 minutes or so, I get a brief period of silence.

MOST POWERFUL TINNITUS SOUND THERAPY 1...

It seems that a multitude of things can cause tinnitus so my advice would be to try and pinpoint what you think your cause is and try things based on that. If you think yours is related to hearing loss, I think the Taurine would be a good thing to test because based on what I read it can potentially reverse it with no negative side effects taken in reasonable doses.

• Like Like x 1
    2. mikki_

mikki_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress / High frequency hearing loss
      • Funny Funny x 1
    3. MarkX

MarkX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Is it me or is this an older post?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jacob256

jacob256 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Genuinely believe excessive sexual activity + stress
      Haha there are tons of posts on here and I just made an account so chances are someone posted something similar!

5. rianne

rianne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear candling
      Hello. Did paleo work? I once cured plantar fasciitis with 3wks of paleo. Now i am suffering with tinnitus and am getting ready to start paleo again.

6. twa
      Busy

twa Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2017- mild /Sept. 2020-moderate
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      meds/acoustic trauma
      So when you eat paleo, what do you eat? I've been doing AIP/Paleo for 3 months.

twa

7. rianne

rianne Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear candling
      Not sure what you're asking, if you're already eating paleo...
      It's more what you don't eat. Plus I'm vegetarian.
      No nightshades, legumes, grains, dairy, sugar.