Tinnitus for 10 Years

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by papadan, Mar 19, 2017.

1. papadan

papadan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      computer hard drive whine
      I woke up 1-7-2007 with bi-lateral T-24/7. My best guess is the high pitched whine coming off of my hard drive 3 ft from me for about 3 mos. Has basically stayed the same since it began. I'm 74 yrs. old. Have been tested and I have some hearing loss at about the same decibel as the whine was. Sodium,caffeine, aspartame make it worse. I'd say I must be habituated to it to some degree. But, there are days when it's not much fun . I sleep with waterfall noise . I seem to stay up past midnight so I'm tired enough to go to sleep. To bad there are so many charlatans trying to steal our money with phony cures. I'd give ALL of my money for the sweet sound of silence again. The irony is that before T - I would use earplugs to go to sleep when traveling . Stay strong fellow sufferers and pray for a cure.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. fhs
      Fine

fhs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gun range
      I doubt it was a hard drive whine/coil whine. It just happens to have a tinnitus type of sound and it's not loud enough to damage your hearing to cause a notch. You likely got hearing damage from loud sounds throughout your life. Many people use computers every day with coil whine and sleep near desktop computers for years and don't get tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 1