Tinnitus for 2 Weeks — Long Post, Sorry About That

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nikopol, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Nikopol

Nikopol Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (sinuses, stress or cervical...doc opinions differ)
      Hi all,

I understand that most of people here have long-term T, something that I worry about developing. I want to share my experience in past two months (although I have tinnitus only since 30/12/2016)

It started in November. I started finding a blood in my nasal mucus. I can skip to the end and just say that condition wasnt anything serious, simply mix of cold weather, smoking etc. and currently is gone. Nevertheless bit of a paranoic I am I went to my family doctor and also mentioned long-term pulling in chest muscle, something that I never paid much attention to, just figured I can mention it. He prescribed me what I later found out was too strong of a dosage of muscle relaxers and sent me to rehabilitation. 24 hours after taking it I started experiencing pressure in head and slight dizziness. I kept taking pills one for 1 week, another for 2 by doctors advice. Long-story short, until end of December I have been experiencing this pressures in head that was driving me crazy. Due to negligent treatment of my nose, the blood wasnt going away too. Combine my paranoia, or better yet hypochondria, of these two symptoms (and fool I am I was perma googling the possible causes, which as you well know in case of Google is "cancer", "tumour" or "you will be dead soon") with extensive working hours I was having (due to nature of my job I dont have christmas holidays and sit in work for 12 hours) and little sleep (sometimes as low as 3 hours a day, rarely above 6, generally around 5) this has all been rising up.

Now to the fun part. I have scoliosis at top of my spinal cord. Theory of doc is that muscle relaxers relaxed my muscles bit too much which shifted and put pressure on spinal cord, creating these symtoms of dizziness and pressure in head. The scoliosis part has been confirmed by rontgen of spinal cord. By end of month I was advised to use some small excercises while sitting, that generally went around cracking my neck and back. Voila, next day the pressure was smaller and in 3 days nearly disappeared. Hopeful that after month and half of this BS I finally can get back to business as usual I went to sleep, done some small excercises aimed at my neck, did some reading when suddenly tinnitus kicked in (funnily enough, no more pressures in head ever since). Panicky as I had early meeting next day and noise was pretty strong I went to Google (of course), googled the possible cause (obviously the result has been tumour in brain) and slept maybe some 2 hours tops. That was Friday. I had a feeling over weekend that tinnitus went down, until Monday (2nd Jan this year) when suddenly I got strong tinnitus in right ear (before I had it stronger in left, but generally in both), tingling of tongue (what caught my curiousity) followed by immidiate anxiety attack (I thought I am having heart attack what would be BS given my young age - 25 - and perfect history of blood pressure and no problems with hearth ever). As you probably imaged, I was stressed before, imagine the basket case I was after that.

For week I taught myself how to handle anxiety and I dont feel pressure on my shoulders no more, nor do I get evening anxiety "waves" (for lack of better word I call it like that since I felt stabbing pain in my left chest only then and next day started doing some breathing excercises). Now, back to T. Ever since the first I had it. Off and on, it was always present in morning and when going to sleep. During day, sometimes stronger, sometimes lower, sometimes it wasnt there. However even as anxiety went down, and I took this week off the work, tinnitus didnt seem to be in hurry to go anywhere. And, naturally, in that whole time I have been cracking my neck and back pretty often. I metioned this tinnitus early last week at ENT where I went because of that blood in nose. He didnt even check it and just gave me pills for Menniers disease, saying that he wants to see results. I have my own ENT and I am waiting until Wednesday for CT results until I go there for check. Back to the neck, I started doing some rehabilitation et cetera, but 2 days back I had an idea. The whole thing started as the pressure in head ended. And pressure in head ended as soon as I started with this cracking. So I figured, what the hell, I try to not crack neck. I noticed that during day it seems that tinnitus got today and yesterday better, though it remains during night. Also several days ago I noticed that during night tinnitus noise increases with feeling of blood pulse (I checked blood pressure and its ok). Also sometimes its accompanies with strange feeling in palms and feets, as if they were out of blood and need to be stretched. Also these anxiety waves I had having (and hopefully wont have again) were always accompanied by strengten tinnitus.

So, if you read here, I thank you very much. This all probably sounds mundane to people like you who had to deal with this condition for long time. But since I know of no one who had/has it, I turn myself here with few questions.

a, What do you think of the above?
      b, Can cracking in neck and back cause T?
      c, Is it possible that this is all triggered by mind alone and yet when my anxiety went down, T didnt follow?
      d, In your opinion, what is chance of this simply going away? As you can imagine I am bit stressing myself if this will not go away.

Also my mind, stupid damned thing it is, sometimes "created" tinnitus. When there is none and all I think is not to think about it (therefore thiking of it), it sometimes creates its own sound. I generally can establish if the sound is from actual T, from external source, or just made up sound in my head.

Anyway, I just didnt know where to go. Wednesday is still some days away, I am back to work on Monday and will be facing a lot of things I havent done this week I took vacation. I would just like someone who knows about this their honest opinion about it all.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nikopol

Nikopol Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (sinuses, stress or cervical...doc opinions differ)
      Ok, I had several more appointments later on.

CT - all ok. However when ENT inspected results of spine rontgen she mentioned few things. First, I have lordosis at C5/C6 with 1/2 decreased gap at sandberg.

Long story short, cervicocranial syndrome that needs to be confirmed by neurologists still.

I had this all for long time, but apparently muscles in my back were already grown into position which was holding the upper spine without anything big happening. That ended once I received my muscle relaxers and they shifted, causing aforementioned vertigo and pressure in head. I had about week, week and half, prior to onset of my T thai massage which may have triggered further pressure on blood flow from spine to brain, eventually escalating into tinnitus.

Was anyone ever diagnosed with such? And is this treatable or will this remain as parmanent condition given that shortened gap between spinal parts is there to stay? Thanks