Tinnitus for a Couple of Weeks: Prior to That, Worked in the Construction Field for Two Years

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ltwhisper, Oct 29, 2020.

1. ltwhisper

ltwhisper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      8/08/2020 accoustic trauma + loud environnement
      Hello everyone,

My tinnitus started around two weeks ago, and the first night was a nightmare. I kind of already knew what was going on and I just didn't want to believe it was happening.

I worked in the construction field for two years (left last week) and I was wearing only earplug protection. I kind of knew they were not the best protection but I didn't think it would lead to this. Here I am, with a high pitch ringing in my left ear (can almost hear it above the shower). I felt stupid, dumb, I mean.

Suicide was an option for a while but I came across Tinnitus Talk and within 3 days I managed to compose myself quick and accept it.

Sleep time is the worst part, during the day it's okay, the hard part is fighting the flight or fight response from my brain. I don't have anxiety or stress anymore but I still feel my body being kind of stiff.

Anyway, for now all I can say is thank you, thank you, Tinnitus Talk has helped me so much.
      I am reading a lot about the research and new treatments that may come in the future and it gives me hope.

For now though, trying my best to live with this new friend. (Sorry, I don't get to practice English a lot).

• Hug Hug x 8
    2. Hazel
      Dreaming

Hazel Director Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one-sided hearing loss (of unknown origin)
      Really good to hear that the site has helped you! That's why we keep doing this :)

It sounds like you're on your way to recovery, very happy for you. We hope you'll stick around to help others!

• Like Like x 3
    3. Gabriel5050
      No Mood

Gabriel5050 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (most likely)
      Welcome to the forum.

Since your tinnitus is noise induced you should avoid loud environments for a few months. And protect with plugs or muffs if you really have to be in one.

The things is, your tinnitus might reduce in loudness over time, or it may not. Time will tell.

You should consider asking an ENT for steroids like prednisone. The earlier the better. This is also not guaranteed to work but it might be worth trying.

There are a lot of "ifs" and "mights" because tinnitus is still quite a mystery. Fortunately there is research for upcoming treatments.

I hope it turns out well for you. Keep us updated.

• Like Like x 2
    4. weab00
      Gloomy

weab00 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      some good mf music
      I think there is a lot of promise for upcoming tinnitus treatments, so I encourage you to check out the research news section of this website.

• Like Like x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ltwhisper

ltwhisper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My friend sent me this yesterday, if it can help someone like it did me for a moment, why not, it's was a moment of relief ;) and made me cry. Be aware of the volume, to turn it down plz! Important!

Matsuoka Shuzo - NEVER GIVE UP!!

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ltwhisper

ltwhisper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trying to hold on. I'm trying and it's hard. I manage sometime to sleep but it's the feeling of never being tired that scares me. Really weird.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ltwhisper

ltwhisper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have decided to do stem cells (after reading about ATEOS, and reading about stem cells). I still need like half of the money what I estimate I will need. So it will be probably 6 months after onset when I do the stem cells. Hopefully during that time the clinical trial for RL-81 will start and I will try to get into it. I won't live my life with this.

8. SadMan
      Tired

SadMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      At first, the doctor I went to did not give me this warning. I wish my first doctor had given this warning you gave. So for about 20 days I couldn't protect my ears. I'm trying to protect them now. I use earplugs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ltwhisper

ltwhisper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just remembered, that this summer I framed a house and used pressure nail gun without ear protection and had tinnitus for 3 days and then it was gone. Guess I had an acoustic trauma but as I kept working in construction I do remember that I kept getting a lot of sudden deafness that would last 10 to 20 seconds. Haaaaaaaaaaaa. I don't know what to think now that I remember that. I dig my own grave without knowing, FML.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ltwhisper

ltwhisper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My tinnitus has got a lot better over these last months, it really is not as loud as it was, I can't hear it in the shower now, there are times I don't focus on it. It's been good I guess. The sleep is okay, it's more like meditating than sleeping but it helps.

Hoping I heal completely.

• Hug Hug x 1