Tinnitus for Many Years — Ears Exposed to Industrial Noises, Loud Live Music, Firearms

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Dwight, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Dwight

Dwight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposure to loud noises most likely
      Hello all. The earliest I can remember the ringing was probably around 1992. I’m 53 years old and have exposed my ears to industrial noises, loud live music, firearms and all of the other no-no’s for far too many years. Since 1995 I have worn ear protection regularly due to the audiologist telling me I was losing my hearing. Now I’m facing hearing aids soon and the ringing is so bad some days (today) that I get extreme headaches. I’m here searching for possible help and to learn as much as I can.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Your only hope is for medical research and clinical trials to restore hearing to treat your condition. Ignore the people that talk about habituation and coping mechanisms.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Ken219
      Frustrated

Ken219 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer of 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure?
      Imagine if the audiologist didn't tell you. Many doctors , ENTs just shrug it off and say what you have and never say anything about the cause and how to prevent it from getting worse. They know they are not making big bucks off you. SO go away!