Tinnitus from Working in a Loud Factory — Looking for Advice & Friends

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mark82, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Mark82

Mark82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud factory job
      Hello. I've worked in a loud factory for the last 7 years and have been ignoring my tinnitus and coping quite well except for a couple of times when there have been spikes in its severity.

This week I quit my job as I have had another spike and can no longer ignore what working in a loud factory is doing to my ears.

The ringing I get is very high pitched almost out of the range of human hearing along with some hiss.

I hope to get some advice on here and also make friends with others who are suffering. I enjoy playing guitar and most of the time the ringing doesn't interfere with that too much but it is getting me down with this recent spike and I don't feel like picking my guitar up as much as I used to.

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. ringingfeet

ringingfeet Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/12/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Trauma
      I am sorry you have to endure this. Be very careful with your ears.

My two years anniversary is coming up and even though I've been fastidious with protecting my hearing, It's been getting worse and fast so.

For me there are two version of tinnitus: maskable livable tinnitus and unmaskable hellish tinnitus.

You should try to stay in the first category, if your are lucky enough to be in that group.

• Agree Agree x 1