Tinnitus got worse in Denmark - any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by aga, Oct 20, 2014.

1. aga

aga Member

Tinnitus Since:
      first 2006 increase in 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise/dental work (?)
      Hi,
      I have had light tinnitus from 2006, from loud noise at a concert plus a flu at the same time, plus flying in the same week. The ringing never went away but it was manageable.
      I live in Denmark now and in the past weeks I had dental work and a big flu (still sneezing) and the ringing got way worse.
      I went through my share of suicidal thoughts during the weekend but now I am hoping there could be something that I can do to at least try to make it slightly better (apart learning to ignore it).

Anybody can recommend doctors/clinics in Denmark? or Germany?

I have it in my left ear, can't say the frequency, I have a bit of hissing as well. It does change when I move my jaw or my eyes, but just sometimes. Yesterday I heard this "zzzzip!" sound and it stopped for a single second and I thought I had a miracle going on, but then it started again.
      Recently, I had dental work that makes me feel pain in my jaw as well after a long night (I have never suffered from this), and I find it goes better if I sleep with an open mouth.

Any advice on how to proceed? I am happy I have found this website.

2. Greg Clarke

Greg Clarke Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, Live Music
      Your story sounds very like mine except for the dental stuff. I've also had tinnitus since 2006, which got louder recently in the way you describe.

I felt pretty desperate at first but you really should start by going to an ENT/ Audiologist to rule out any underlying conditions. Thats what I did, my Ent felt confident my tinnitus would settle in time and gave some recommendations, so that gives you hope and puts you in a better mind frame. A month on theres been no real change but I'm definitely dealing with it a lot better. Ive also booked in to do TRT regardless of my outcome as I feel it may help me along the way.

All the best

Greg

3. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      It's not uncommon for t to increase after a nasty flu. It takes some time to get the congestion cleared up. Even after the flu is gone. So there is still a chance it will return to baseline.