Tinnitus imitating sounds?

Discussion in 'Support' started by AnneG, Nov 21, 2013.

1. AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Hey guys! So tonight isn't really a good night. Found my T louder than ever so i asked around on the chat on what they do when theirs spike's up and one suggested a website that emits brain waves or something and so i tried it but the moment it started my volume was at High so i put it on low! And after 5 minutes i turned it off. Didn't find myself comfortable with it and i coukd swear even after turning it off i could still hear it! i even put my phone on my ears to make sure, i even turned it off! Tonight isn't a good night. Hope its better tomorrow. All the T i have seems to spike at the same time :/ the crickets, whistling, Static. Ugh! Plus i have a headache, and i just saw whike typing a dark spot or something, am i tired or dying? hahaha oooh Tinnitus. Comfort would be good you guys :/ i think thats what i really need.

2. Lulubug69
      Artistic

Lulubug69 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      AnneG
      I'm sorry to hear your having a tough time. Do you suffer from migraines? You may want to have your vision checked to rule out something more. Many people have floaters. Which pass in front of the eye, depending on your age it can vary in shade and how many you see. Having a headache may have made you more aware of these spots. Put your mind at ease and get a vision screening and share with them what you were seeing. I was using an APP to determine the volume of my T and I swore it amped it up, so I don't think your imagining anything. Hang In there.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Ty shattuck

Ty shattuck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2013
      Huh.. Right before my tinnitus came to it's current ridiculously loud level my eyes started to go. I started seeing floaters of many varieties and light spots, which I still do. Could this somehow be relevant?

4. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      I started getting a bunch of floaters a month ago too. Annoying. In my right eye.

5. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Spiking is odd indeed, yet a sign of activity in there I think :)
      Usually diseases and disorders sounds almost beautiful, but having a floater :facepalm:
      It's "nice" to see others with these symptoms. Small 'strings' in front of my eyes has been with me for years, and during the last years my vision has slightly been in decline, might be computerscreen related though.
      Do any of you guys experience that your involuntary slight eye movements? or.. are we getting too cripple :oops: And do anyone get annoyed by hissing from switched on electronical devices? tv, toaster, lamps

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      I have had floaters years before my T started. And yes! I do get that involuntary eye movements, but rarely. And Yes again! I hear that irritating Hiss when our TV turns on! Before i'd usually cover my ears when i hear it, but i've learned to live with it i guess

7. Ty shattuck

Ty shattuck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2013
      That hiss usually only comes from older tube televisions turning on. My tinnitus set it's frequency level with my tv.. So its as if I always have a tv on wherever I go.. If the vision is relative then this certainly is a nerve disorder.

8. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Before my tinnitus started I had been bothered by hissings of tv, lamps, some chargers. Lately before t start my lamp was dying out, so it started hissing Really loudly, just like our quite new tv, wondering if it had some effect.
      It's all so weird

Hah thanks Ty, feeling even more handicapped then