Tinnitus Makes Me Disabled and Doctors Don't Take Me Seriously

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Derek26, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      Did he give you a copy of the audiogram?

2. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      What's the point of getting disability, if (as you said earlier) the govt is going to take it away unless you comply with the ongoing vaccination mandates?

3. Stacken77
      Wishful

Stacken77 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise (likely headphones & cars), Acoustic trauma did me in
      No, but I could probably request to get a copy. How so?

Knowing that the audiogram is pretty alright is good, but I know this is noise induced.

4. PeanutButter

PeanutButter Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pristiq (desvenlafaxine)
      So Celexa gave you tinnitus? I am so fucking angry I took Pristiq. I never had tinnitus but after taking it for 1 month my brain is broken and I struggle with tinnitus everyday, constantly being tortured by a high pitched ringing sound, and I really want to hang myself now.

I have had it for 6 months and it seems permanent. It isn't going away no matter how hard I exercise, eat well, or sleep.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Don't you mean, what's the point of living like this?

I can only hope it takes a while to implement the mandates on that.

They are going after employees/the workforce first.

6. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Your disability is exactly what you bring forward as your case for being pardoned from the vaccine mandates. You make the plea that in your circumstances, the risks outweigh the benefits.

There are already exemptions being made on religious grounds (identifying as Catholic/Christian etc.).

I'm not sure at this point, but it may also be prudent to submit evidence in your appeal that the vaccines are not as effective as we were being told they were, and to also include examples of severe injury/death caused by them, along with excerpts that prove worsening of tinnitus for other sufferers who have had the jab.

7. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I hear you but what I do is (try to) anticipate what their response will be. Remember, I am the "conspiracy theorist" here. But, everything I have predicted has been proven correct. I used to think they would allow a certain % to not be vaccinated and shrug them off. But, it really seems now, that they want everyone. They will make it severely inconvenient to live and function if you're not vaccinated. This is all intentional. I don't think they will allow any kind of exemptions. It was even difficult to find places which allowed mask exemptions. They won't allow ones based on religion or medical.

What am I supposed to say? It could worsen my tinnitus? They already don't care about my tinnitus. I have been rejected and now it is going to a hearing.

Do I tell them it's a psychological fear? I don't care which reason I use as long as they accept it. But, I believe they won't care. People don't have the right to be exempt or say no under ANY circumstances. Not enough people are saying no so they are stepping on the accelerator, enforcing this. :-(

8. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Wait @PeteJ, first off, what country are you in?

9. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Canada. You? It's the only personal info I will share on this site.

Tinnitus isn't considered a disability except for those in the RCMP and soldiers.

10. Damocles
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Understood.
      I'm sorry to hear this.

So, I'm in England.

Based on the information above, all I can do is share my prior experience, and conclusions after having spent some days running this over in my mind.

I managed to win disability payments a couple years back when I was at my lowest point. I had pretty much hit rock bottom with my tinnitus and my anxiety, and could no longer hold down a job. I had to jump through many hoops, much like, I suspect you are at the moment, and ultimately was rejected and left with no choice but to appeal and plead my case in front of a tribunal (Doctor and a Judge), or, just drop the case and continue struggling to get to a job centre twice a week until I was inevitably "sanctioned" (aka, made homeless).

By some fluke the Doctor was a gem and extremely compassionate, thus I won the appeal and my rejection was overturned.

I only managed to claim for one year, mind you, but it gave me the time I needed to recover.

Now, the only reason I was able to get it together to make an appeal was because over here in the UK, we have something called the Citizens Advice Bureau (a tax payer funded Law Firm, essentially). The system over here is so rigged to reject claims from UK natives, that it would have been impossible for me to navigate even getting to the point of an appeal without them.

So, I've ruminated on the idea of exemptions from the vaccine mandates for a while now, and as far as I can deduce, requiring someone to undergo a medical procedure which may ultimately kill them (by causing them to have no choice but to commit suicide) is a breach of human rights.

As it stands, if my current place of study - or the UK's Department for Work and Pensions (were I to need their support again) - tells me that I am to be stripped of my access to them because of my unvaccinated status and my refusal to be vaccinated, then I won't be wasting any time visiting the Citizens Advice Bureau again, and taking said institution to court for a breach of my human rights.

Again, I'm sorry, as I don't know how it works in Canada, but prior to what you said, I would have imagined it wasn't much different (?)

I don't see how leaving someone whose health is already wrecked, no choice but to take a drug that might further wreck their health, or cause them to kill themselves, is anything other than a violation of their human rights.

At least for now... anyway. Because as is being demonstrated right here on Tinnitus Talk, there are plenty of people that see no problem with forced vaccinations, and subsequently, all our human rights going right out the window.

• Agree Agree x 3
    11. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Try to get a letter from a psychologist, I reckon that would improve your chances.

Now about vaccine exemptions - I just read an online news article about a guy from British Columbia who was denied a medical vaccine exemption despite having medical proof he suffered anaphylactic shock after getting his first jab.

He is now preparing to have a jab under medical supervision that would be ready with epinephrine.

I think you are right, this insanity is going to get much worse. They could force you to get fully vaccinated plus booster shot every 6 months. Your immune system will get shot to hell and tinnitus can also get a lot worse.

If you refuse to get on the vaccination train, they could cut you off from any social assistance program.

In the USA they are already refusing/planning to refuse unemployment benefits to govt workers who were fired for refusing vaccination.

I believe many will die or suffer following repeated jabs (as per Dr. Malone and Dr. Yeadon opinions).

May God help us all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    12. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Depending on jurisdiction. Some have zero exemptions. Eventually your only exemption will be 6 feet under.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    13. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Too far from me unfortunately.

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I have a letter from my family doctor but the disability agency sent a nasty letter back citing parts of it.

I agreed with your post so I don't have much to add.

• Like Like x 2
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Derek26

Derek26 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Celexa/Noise Exposure
      @PeteJ, I've been trying to get on disability since 2018. I'm in the final stage of appeal with the tribunal set for September 28. I would have had my hearing with the tribunal much sooner but this idiot psychiatrist my doctor referred me to has missed a handful of appointments and dates that he would have a letter for me! This has been ongoing since 2020 and I finally told him if I don't get his letter by September 6 as he promised that I was finished. September 9 and again still no letter! I filed a complaint against him in April for not getting me a letter on promised dates and he was told he had to have a letter for April and he still couldn't do it so I'm done, he's missed a handful of appointments in the process. I'll be going ahead with the appeal without his documentation and will file another complaint against him once this is all set and done.

My family doctor told me he was the only hope of getting something in writing for my disability claim. I wasted all this time hoping I would have support for my claim and have this done and over with over a year ago!