Tinnitus Makes Me Feel Like I Can't Do Anything

Discussion in 'Support' started by NetroPhil, Sep 9, 2014.

1. NetroPhil
      Jaded

NetroPhil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Since I got T I've been too scared to get out and DO stuff. I'm not talking about clubbing - that kinda goes off the table when you get it. I mean life stuff like learning to drive and Uni.

For instance, I recently heard about a Zombie experience going on in my local town. I really want to go, but I'm so scared something will happen to make it worse....

• Like Like x 1
    2. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      You could always just put some earplugs in.

• Useful Useful x 1
    3. eldudebro
      Doh

eldudebro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      31/07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma/Loud Music.
      I know what you mean.

Since it came to me i've just lost my zest for life. Don't have the energy to do anything, everything seems so hard.

Think i'm still in the shock stage. I've lost my appetite and some weight, though I have been eating more this last week. It's just a bolt from the blue that totally shocks your body and messes with your mind.

I am supposed to be starting back at university in a few weeks. I was considering deferring for a year but I think I really need to go, otherwise i'm just going to sit around moping for a year, which won't do me much good.

Go to the zombie experience. I attended one in Glasgow last year when it was here, was a lot of fun.

4. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Force yourself to go, because it will improve your habituation process. Take ear plugs with you just in case. It could also be that you suffer from T related anxiety, which many times manifests itself as a tendency to avoid people and isolation. The best cure for this is, surprise surprise, to go out, meet people and do stuff, which of course is easier said than done, but still... :)

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      NetroPhil
      Jaded

NetroPhil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      There is one other major worry I have, and that's whether to move out for my final year at uni.....I'm kinda scared that living alone with T will finish me off.... >>