Tinnitus & Me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Creature_Music, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Creature_Music
      Alone

Creature_Music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/28/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Hello,

In all reality I’ve never been a part of a forum, and never really had the desire to either. But reading people’s success stories gave me new light on how this thing effects me.

A little insight on myself, I’ve recently turned 21, the same week my ringing occurred unfortunately. (Happy birthday to me right?)

I’m a music producer, I’ve played numerous shows, a gaming nerd, and a Netflix binge kind of guy.

Never really took precautions to my ears honestly cause I never knew the seriousness of it. Recently played a show that no doubt caused my ringing that I’m going through now. Mind you it’s only been 4 days and after 2 doctors visits have been told there’s nothing in my ears, so they’ve given me hope that the exposure to the loud music has caused this and that it “should” fade in good time. It’s a real hindrance, and an annoyance at that.

But I’d like to thank the people who take the time to write about their stories and how they manage it on a daily basis. My dad actually deals with it himself, and given with that I feel that even if it is permanent... I can live with it as well.

My anxiety surely doesn’t help with the thoughts of it, and my job doesn’t either. But having a group of people to talk about this with is a relief. Not even a ringing in my ears will stop me from achieving my dreams. Glad to be a part of this!

- E.J.

(Any gamers out there dealing with this too? Or fellow producers?)

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Sorry about your situation, make sure to protect your hearing as much as you can for the rest of your life until there are treatments for SNHL that may help us in the future.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Creature_Music
      Alone

Creature_Music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/28/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Will do, taking all necessary precautions right now, listening to any and all music at low volumes, avoiding any headsets for awhile until I feel it’s somewhat safe to use at extremely low volumes. And will be buying and using dB lowering earbuds to any future shows I play or concerts I attend.