Tinnitus since April 2012

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sideways, Oct 30, 2014.

1. sideways

sideways Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Hello.

As my title says, I've been dealing with this incessant ringing for 2 1/2 years. I don't know if it was caused by Lyme disease or by the antibiotics I took for the Lyme. I have 3 sounds: one high pitched ring in my head, a buzz in one ear and a hollow whistling sound in the other.

I also have chronic orbital pain and headaches which I've had about as long as the tinnitus. The best way i can describe it is that it hurts to see. The pain is debilitating. I get botox shots every 3 months but they didn't help last time. I also need pain meds 3-4 days a week. At least, that's how often I'll let myself take pain meds. I don't need an addiction problem.

My eyes and ears have me in hell. I cope with pain all day and when I close my eyes, the ringing seems that much louder. I can't mask the ringing with a fan so I have to go to sleep wearing earbuds. Then, I often wake up at night because of the ringing. I have no peace.

My tinnitus didn't start out this bad. I used to only notice it after a hot shower and at night. I could mask it with a fan, then. It has slowly gotten worse. Now I hear the ringing through everything.

I read about research and trials, but it seems like they're all for acute tinnitus. Too bad, so sad for the rest of us.

Anyways, that's my happy introduction. I'm just really sick of this.