Tinnitus Since I Was a Kid

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Zieken, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Zieken
      Volatile

Zieken Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey peeps,

So I figured I would join a forum to get some support with this.

A little about myself, since I was born I've had issues with my ears and congestion. As a kid, I got ear infections and eventually ruptured both my eardrums, which healed with scars. I started noticing the ringing in my ears pretty young and I'm not exactly sure when it started and never stopped.

I'm turning 28 in a few days and don't remember the sound of silence in my life, I've just learned to live with it. I've never actually been treated for it because my parents just figured it would go away, but it never did. I didn't know how common my problem was until a few years ago when I came across some YouTube videos about Tinnitus.

Every year or so since I've checked online to see if any progress had been made on finding a cure or at least some treatment for it.

If you are just starting to suffer from it, and it looks like it won't go away, you CAN learn to live with it. For the most part, I forget it's there and always sleep with some noise like a fan. I can confirm that lowering stress levels and getting enough sleep at night will help a ton.

If you have any questions or have a similar experience in life contact me!

• Like Like x 2
    2. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      @Zieken...welcome to the forum, I do have a few questions:

- how's your hearing
      - what does your t sound like
      - has t got worse over the years
      - do you protect you ears
      - can u concentrate
      - does the volume get higher in the evening
      - if you're chilling in bed in the morning does the noise get on your nerves
      - are you forever anxious it will get worse
      - how do you manage to relax

Thank you...