Tinnitus Since I Was Young — Ayahuasca Cured Me for 10 Minutes

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by SomeDay, Dec 22, 2019.

1. SomeDay
      Balanced

SomeDay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      mental traumas / loud music, have it aslong I can remember
      Hello, I never really posted. But I read Tinnitus Talk like crazy. I have had tinnitus for the last... I think 23 years. As long as I can remember, I am 34 years old. It was a combination of night clubs and intense life traumas. I can't remember that I didn't have it. So maybe I have had it even longer. My ringing sound is 50% strong, no pain but it saps the energy out of you if you focus on it. It gets way worse in silent spaces. I do notice when I listen to anything, doesn't matter what it is, it tends to go to the background and I don't notice it as much.

I was happy I could do things like, finish studies, get driving license, talk with people, meditation etc etc. so I am very grateful I can do everything in life without to much interference of the tinnitus.

I have tried a lot of things:

Garlic oil that was suggested on this forum
      Keep ears clean
      Meditation, and many other self development tools (mainly for facing your own daemons as I call it)
      Healthy food
      Stopped smoking (but after I noticed it didn't work I just started again)
      Stopped drinking alcohol (it makes it way worse for me)
      More sleeping (less sleep makes it way worse)
      And a lot more that I can't possible remember.

Things I'm going to try next:

- NAC
      - Psychedelic shrooms (there are many scientific studies that it heals the brain in many ways)

I tend to go extreme far in experiments, my passion for psychology and self development makes it so, and I tend to try new things even if they are not scientifically proven. I mean it only has to cure me right?

The name is Ayahuasca. I have to warn you, it is one of the most extreme mental journey experiences you can get. And if you never faced your inner demons yourself, it can cause permanent mental damage if you have no idea what you are doing. I have been facing my daemons for the last 5 years almost 24/7. So I was well prepared and wanted an answer.

I did Ayahuasca because it is next level in self development (in my opinion please avoid posting discussions about good / bad ) and wanted to get more insight and be the best version of myself. I bless myself that my awareness is always present (which can be a curse and a blessing depending how you look at it). It doesn't matter what I take or drink I always aware how I am and what I do and how I feel.

Anyhow why I was having the hallucinations and deeper inner experience, I noticed something I never noticed before... silence... beautiful silence... I got a tear in my eye how wonderful it was, I was afraid focusing on it (maybe the tinnitus would return, like when you focus on it it gets worse). But it stayed dead silent. It was amazing... for 10 minutes. After that the tinnitus returned slowly. But I never forgot it.

I hope my discovery can point the researchers / scientists / fellow tinnitus bearers towards the missing dots that I cant see. I am sure I will find a cure some day.

Greetings

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      An excerpt about Ayahuasca from Healthline

Considerations and potential side effects

While taking part in an Ayahuasca ceremony may seem alluring, consuming this psychedelic brew can lead to serious, even deadly, side effects.

First, even though many of the unpleasant side effects that are usually experienced during an Ayahuasca trip, such as vomiting, diarrhea, paranoia, and panic, are considered normal and only temporary, they can be extremely distressing.

Some people report having miserable Ayahuasca experiences, and there is no guarantee that you will react favorably to the concoction.

What’s more, ayahuasca can interact dangerously with many medications, including antidepressants, psychiatric medications, drugs used to control Parkinson’s disease, cough medicines, weight loss medications, and more.

Those with a history of psychiatric disorders, such as schizophrenia, should avoid Ayahuasca, as taking it could worsen their psychiatric symptoms and result in mania.

Additionally, taking Ayahuasca can increase your heart rate and blood pressure, which may result in dangerous side effects if you have a heart condition.

There have been several reported deaths due to Ayahuasca consumption, but they may be due to the addition of other ingredients or dosing issues. Death has never been reported in a clinical trial on Ayahuasca.

Aside from these dangers, participating in an Ayahuasca ceremony means putting your life in the shaman’s hands, as they’re in charge of the ingredients added to the brew, as well as determining proper dosing and monitoring you for potentially life-threatening side effects.

There have been reports of Ayahuasca retreats being offered by untrained individuals, who are not well-versed in the preparation, dosing, or side effects of Ayahuasca, putting participants in danger.

Moreover, though there have been promising findings related to the health benefits of Ayahuasca, these benefits were mostly related to clinical studies in which the preparation and dosing of the concoction were carefully controlled.

Treatment for psychological disorders, such as depression and PTSD, should only be offered by medical professionals, and those living with these conditions should not seek symptom relief by participating in Ayahuasca ceremonies.

Overall, more research is needed to determine whether Ayahuasca can be used as a potential treatment for certain medical conditions by doctors in the future.​

3. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Cool, a multi-hour intense psychedelic drug trip cured you for 10 minutes.

FYI if you have tinnitus, don't trip. Period.

I really wish people would stop promoting psychedelic drugs in the tinnitus community.

Going on an intense trip with tinnitus is probably one of the worst things you could possibly do.

Given the choice between tripping with tinnitus and spraying my genitals with bear mace, I'd choose the latter 100% of the time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SomeDay
      Balanced

SomeDay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      mental traumas / loud music, have it aslong I can remember
      I am not promoting this at all. It is very dangerous. I just mention any possible solution. Even if it was temporary. I will not go further in detail about this. Like many, we all try whatever we can to have no more tinnitus. And I hope some coin will fall with someone to connect the dots :) And that we can all talk about tinnitus like it was the dinosaur era which excited a long time ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1