Tinnitus Since Mid 90s from Loud Music

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by The_Mystic, Jan 6, 2020.

1. The_Mystic
      Loved

The_Mystic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Mid 90's or so?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Hello,

I can not believe all the people who have the (Ringing Friend) within their heads.
      I've been dealing with this from a very young age. I'd say I know the cause and it was indeed self inflicted.
      Around the age of 14-16 I used to crank up the music and even lay between the speakers till my head about imploded. (DUMB KID). Lol.

At the age of 44 now, and I've had the ring of around 4096hz in both ears for many many years now.
      It's gotten to the point where I almost now worry, or rely on hearing it when waking from sleep. Am I alive? - YUP because I hear it. I've also at times found it to be a comfort. I sometimes (tune into) it when going to sleep and try so very hard to push self beyond where it is? And less than a second I can actually make it disappear. Yet, as fast as it does go away, it returns as fast.

Again, I've had to just over the years learn to tune it out.
      It's very prominent to the point that it will even over power a conversation if I focus on it. So, yes it's pretty bad. I understand where a lot of you are coming from and I would like to comfort you somehow by saying we are not alone in this. That's very comforting knowing you are not alone. Some worse and some less than others. But, nevertheless NOT alone.

Very glad to see this forum and the amazing support here. I play with different tones generators and B-Beat's to help with this also. So, if anyone can gain comfort by my help I am honored to help in anyway.

All the best,
      Matt

Again, - Awesome forum and support here! <3 it!

• Like Like x 2
    2. friend74
      Doubtful

friend74 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      You are a lucky person in an unlucky situation. I mean, you can make it disappear! You can use it for getting into sleep?!

HOW the f..k?

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      The_Mystic
      Loved

The_Mystic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Mid 90's or so?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      It will disappear but not even a sec, and of course come back as fast as it disappeared. Its as you know a lifetime thing.
      Using it for sleep - Yes, ... I use it to block out other things in the house that effect my sleep. When you focus on it? It indeed will get to a point you are almost meditating ON IT... It will go from a HATE it? To a use.
      - Find it..

I meditate alot anyhow and truly it does not bother me anymore. I've had it for so long its just a normal thing going on and to hear within my world.

-Matt

• Winner Winner x 1