Tinnitus Spike Time Frame...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tim Hogan, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Tim Hogan
      No Mood

Tim Hogan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold/Flu (Minor) >>> Botched Acoustic Reflex Test (Severe)
      Its been 2 weeks and 5 days since my Tinnitus spiked from a tympanometry, and im fairly sure i got Hyperacusis from it too

It hasn't really changed much.. how long are these things meant to last??, mine seems to be on the long end of them thats for sure

I read its not good to over protect your ears so i've been living my somewhat normally, however I am being fairly careful to avoid any loud noises, the only loud noises i come into contact with is my dogs barking and maybe the car when i drive with the windows down etc.

I still watch TV and Play Video games with the sound on Low/Med and im staying clear of headphones.

Im taking B12 + Ginko, avoiding Coffee, Alcohol.

Is it normal to have a Tinnitus spike this long, i feel like its gone down a tiny bit in volume but the pitch which is much higher than it was hasn't changed one bit.

Should i be doing anything else during a T spike, ear plugs, avoid all and any noise (even my dogs), or are they fine since its not like prolonged or anything, just the occasional bark.

Or is the only thing to do is just keep doing what im doing and wait until it resolves itself.

2. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      With my old tinnitus whenever I used to get a spike it would last usually 1 to 3 weeks

3. Scott T
      Alone

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      I'm in a spike now of 4-6 weeks. 2 weeks before microsuction. 3 weeks after.