Tinnitus Still Amplified After the Symptoms of Ear Congestion Have Gone?

Discussion in 'Support' started by mick1987, Mar 23, 2015.

1. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hi guys,

Friday night my ears went extremely stuffy/pressurised, which I believe is something to do with a virus I had caught a week previous, T volume went through the roof which scared the crap out of me tbh! Saturday the intense ear pressure and increased T was still there so I went to the hospital to get checked out, the doctor said there was fluid build up in my right ear, prescribed me amoxicillin antibiotics which I'm taking now (even though I'm not sure its infected because I have no pain).

Yesterday and today how ever the extreme pressure on my ears has gone, they feel normal, no more stuffy ears, no muffled hearing etc........but I'm still experiencing louder than normal tinnitus? I guess some fluid would still be in my middle ear, but must of reduced because I no long get the intense pressure/blocked feeling?

Is it normal to still have amplified tinnitus after the symptoms of middle ear congestion have gone?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Also the past few days my tinnitus has been reactive, traffic, running water, wind noise etc all makes my T rise above it briefly?

3. Stink

Stink Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2000
      yes. write to us in 2 weeks and the loudness is back to normal! i think the reactive part will go away too

• Like Like x 1