Tinnitus Suddenly Got Worse for Me... Twice

Discussion in 'Support' started by serhiy1, Dec 19, 2016.

1. serhiy1

serhiy1 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      infection (minor) & somatic (major)
      Hi there,

I have been lurking here around here for a while mainly looking at new treatment developments, but since my T has deteriorated so badly the last 2 months I felt that I should make an account and ask for some advice.

Some background information.

My T started 3 years ago and I remember that day clearly. I was suffering from a really bad cold and couldn't breath through my nose. Desperate, I used a sinus rinse kit incorrectly and when I got back to bed; I realised that I had high pitched tone (9 kHz) in both my ears and a mid tone (1.5 kHz) in just my right ear. After a small period of being uncomfortable I was able to manage it and generally forgot that I had it.
      I still had it checked out though, just in case it was something serious. I went to the ENT, had a blood test and a MRI Scan. Nothing came up.

Cue This October

My T suddenly got a whole lot louder, I couldn't sleep anymore and I was constantly reminded about it during the day, This put me in a very anxious and stressed position and started affecting my work and day to day life. I decided that I had enough and went to a proper audiologist. The Audiologist decided to put me onto a sort of sound therapy; We located the the frequency of the T's and then programmed a hearing aid that was catered to me. The hearing aid had 2 modes - frequency boosting and mask mode. I would use the boosted mode during the day and the masking when I was sleeping.

The hearing aids combines with some herbal relaxation tablets made my whole life better, to the point where I could compare it to period before October.

Cue in this last Saturday

I just recovered from a mild cold but everything was alright. I went to the gym and spent the evening relaxing, browsing the internet, Ect. When I get to bed I turn on the masking after 15 minutes I notice something is not quiet right. I can still hear an 'EEEEE' sound in my left ear and it wasn't as high pitched as it usually is. I turn the volume of the mask way up but nothing seems to help, I start to panic unsure of what to do next. I spent the entire night suffering.

I sent my audiologist a message seeing if i could get an emergency appointment but he has yet to reply. Right now I'm using my tablet to make some supplementary masking noise, but its not helping that much.
      Right now i'm feeling upset and anxious, wandering What the hell did I do wrong.