Tinnitus Spiked After Hearing a Sudden Loud Crackle in Bed

Discussion in 'Support' started by Cor, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Cor

Cor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      So the weirdest thing happened to me a few days ago. I have somewhat habituated to tinnitus, it's loud as hell, but where it used to bring in a very strong emotional response, now it doesn't much anymore. My tinnitus is a static hiss, but with a tonal component in the background. During "bad" times the tone becomes louder and I get a bit more anxiety about it.

I was in bed, my tinnitus having been pretty quiet these last few months, and suddenly I heard this loud crackle, almost like switching radio channels on an old radio, and my tinnitus went from, let's say 3 to 7, in 2 seconds. It's been that way for 3 days now, but slowly getting less. I'm not too worried, but it really makes me wonder how this sound really works. I literally felt like someone twisted a volume knob.

2. astaff14

astaff14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earwax/Botched Irrigation/Noise Trauma
      Tinnitus really is so scary with shit like this happening randomly. Makes me think something crazy happened to you, like some huge pressure change in the air or something. I’m glad to see it’s a little better though, how are you doing now?