Tinnitus While Sick?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Geo, May 6, 2015.

1. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      my sister just called me and said she was really sick last night and had poppy ears last night and that shes been hearing t today. im kinda scared for her. she knows how much i battle with my t and h and i dont want that for her. what is the % itll go away if ur sick? i told her not to take meds as they are bad for t. do steroids really work if u take them in a week of onset just to be safe? what are the options here?

2. Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      what sickness she had gone through?

3. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      I believe the best thing she can do is visit a doctor and fully explain her symptoms.
      If she gets antibiotics, the doctor should know or be informed on the spot about the correlation and worries between these drugs and tinnitus.
      She should also mention the possibility of a steroid prescription to minimize any possible ototoxic effect from various other medications.

4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      getting tinnitus during illness is pretty normal, as far as I know. I wouldn't be too worried about it. You can get fluid behind your drums, reduced hearing thresholds as a result, etc. The worst thing she can do is panic/fixate.

Mine always goes up to level 11 during a severe viral illness.