Tinnitus Worsened: Now in Both Ears and Louder — I Also Feel a Vibration When Someone Talks

Discussion in 'Support' started by C. Ano, Jul 26, 2019.

1. C. Ano

C. Ano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello everyone, about 4 weeks ago, I've been having what I've come to learn is tinnitus in my right ear (I've had nonstop ringing since 4 weeks ago) and today shortly after I got sick from a cold 2 days ago, my left ear started to feel full and then all of a sudden people's voices started to become echoy.

I'm not sure how to explain it, but when someone talks I also feel a vibration in the the same left ear. It's night now and I tried to go to sleep but now I can hear a kind of chime noise in my left ear when my right ear brushes my pillow or even when I move my head side to side.

Also, when I swallow I can hear a kind of clicking or like sticky sound in both my ears.

I've gone to urgent care before when my right war was feeling really hot and they said that it's not an ear infection and they've also not mentioned anything about too much wax in my ear or anything.

I was finally coming to terms with the ringing in my right ear but now that it's happening in my left ear and even louder, it's frustrating me so much.

I've tried making appointments with doctors like my primary physician but it takes so long for an appointment. I went to the ER today once my left ear started acting up and all he said was that I should make an appointment with my ENT.

I don't know what to do, I'm not suicidal or anything, but I keep thinking I can't live like this if It's permanent, but the only thing stopping me is that I'm not right with God, like I'm not where I need to be in my relationship with him to even seriously think about suicide. (Don't worry, I would never actually go through with it, I'm just trying to convey where my mind goes sometimes because of this situation).

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Before we assume anything about tinnitus, do you have a history of over exposure to loud noise, or anything else that may have harmed your ears?

Check with a doctor about ototoxic medications or other things that may have caused tinnitus, but noise induced is a dead give away.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      C. Ano

C. Ano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes, for several years about maybe 8 years, since highschool, I have been listening to loud music with my earphones.

4. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Make sure to tell the doctors you have a history of noise abuse. Then you can get further treatments.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      C. Ano

C. Ano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Alright, thank you for listening.

6. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Wait and see, mine went all over the place from a hiss in one ear... within a couple of weeks.
      You’ll get though this, millions of people do. It’s a new reality, you will adjust to it in time. It takes time - many of us had those thoughts in the beginning x

7. Cojackb
      Fine

Cojackb Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've had this exact sensation, including the pillow. When it happened to me, my Hyperacusis (sensitivity to sound) become very severe, I couldn't even flush a toilet or have a conversation without it being too loud. It's very uncomfortable and pretty distressing BUT mine cleared within a day or two and it returned back to normal.

Try and remember if you did anything differently the day it happened, did you use headphones? Were you around any very loud sounds? Have a cold or illness?

It will calm back down, you've just got to ride it out for a little bit. Fingers crossed your Tinnitus reduces as well :huganimation: