TMJ and Noise-Induced Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by WestonMichael, Sep 17, 2016.

1. WestonMichael

WestonMichael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not completely sure
      Hello,

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed 3 years ago when I was 17 and I've have a slight clicking every time I open my jaw all the way since.

About 2 months ago, after having slight ringing for at least a year, the ringing got louder, and I went to see my family doctor. I expressed to him that I had been in some loud environments recently and he put the cause of the T down to that. He asked me to return in 2 weeks if it had not gone away. I didn't return because the volume was getting lower and lower every week and was improving. Now, the volume has been constant for about 3 weeks. During my visit, I did not mention that I had my wisdom teeth removed or a clicking jaw as I didn't think it was relevant at the time.

After recently reading up on TMJ and T, I was wondering, since my Tinnitus was seemingly noise-induced and my TMJ problems are so slight and mild, is it worth a visit to my doctor to raise my TMJ issue as a possible cause of my T? What kind of tests can I expect him to perform?

If my T is not due to a TMJ problem, what can I expect the doctor to prescribe if I visit him again and mention that the ringing has not gone away? Does he still have options in terms of treatments? Or will he just conclude that its incurable and move to a type of support role instead?

(I've also been an avid headphone user for many years and have unfortunately been to my fair share of loud events.)

Thank you for all your support guys.

2. unicorn penguin
      Buzzed

unicorn penguin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      24/08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well, i would advise you to go there and tell everything that is going on... he might actually help you...
      So good luck to you and have a good day :)