To You — New Tinnitus Sufferer

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Natalie Roberts, May 31, 2016.

1. Andrea White
      Artistic

Andrea White Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not known, probably regular ear cleansing/syringing
      @Natalie Roberts

Hi Natalie - just thought I'd tell you about my T. I also have some hearing loss on high notes, but like you my hearing generally was good. However I was persuaded by the good old NHS to try them. Well I did - and its amazing how they have tuned out the sound of Tinnitus, and I really noticed the "tinny noises" of life which I hadn't realised I was missing. Most interesting thing is the noises I can now hear normally with my hearing aids are almost the same as the tinnitus noise - its almost as if my brain is trying to replace the noise/sound that is missing from my hearing.

I really love my hearing aids - they are small and un-noticable. I got them free here in UK. It might be worth you having a look at this as a way to not hear Tinnitus.

Anyway, hope you find this interesting.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      Hi there! I am currently working with an audiologist and actually tried hearing aids while back and they made my ears go crazy! Increased my sensitivity and made my T go nuts. Right now, I am using hearing aids on a trail without amplfication and just as a sound generator for TRT type treatment which seems to help. I've been in them about a month. I've been told I could get them for free through a department in my state so I m hoping that is the case as they are very expensive! I notice when I am busier or there's something else going on in my life I don't notice my tinnitus as much. I appreciate your post!

• Like Like x 1