Took .25 mg Xanax Last Night and Ringing Is Now Worse

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mpt, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Mpt

Mpt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Took Xanax last night for first time and now ringing is worse... is this temporary? ... anyone else have experience with this?

2. citigirl13
      Happy

citigirl13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/1/14
      I have not experienced this myself @Mpt, but from what I've read the increased volume of T after taking a drug is temporary and should go, though unfortunately I don't know how long this will take. I would not take the drug again though.

3. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Were you worried it might spike your. T before you took it. It's never happened to me and. 250mg is a small does. It should go back down just give it some time.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mpt

Mpt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      no I really wasn't... usually I wake up to relative silence but woke up to it loud this morning

5. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Just give it some time I'm sure it will subside in the days to come.

6. Golly
      Bookworm

Golly Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2011
      @Mpt:

I suspect the Xanax and the spike are unrelated. If indeed Xanax was the cause, its relatively short half-life would suggest that this side effect should subside very quickly. I sincerely doubt that a single, very small dose of Xanax could cause any permanent damage resulting in worsened tinnitus.

Note that I am not a doctor, so take my opinions for what they are worth. But my belief is that if you took the Xanax in the evening, its effects wore off sometime while your were sleeping. The spike you woke up to was due to the (very common) awakening response. In other words, the Xanax wasn't the cause; the sleep was!

-Golly