Travelling to UK to Study

Discussion in 'Support' started by Afeef, May 14, 2015.

1. Afeef
      Cowboy

Afeef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Hello!

I will be travelling to UK to do my MBA in a month or so which is a post graduation study for a year and i am very nervous as its my first time leaving home ALONE to another country. Its a 7-8 hour flight or may be more .

With tinnitus things seem to be difficult but i want to be strong and want to accomplish my goal.

Please give a good advice on it.
      What can i do to protect my ears on plane everywhere else and how to manage my T and not be nervous!?
      Will I be okay?

Is there anyone who is studying abroad or is going to same as me????

Thanks

2. Barbara777

Barbara777 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2015
      I will be flying next month on a 6 hour flight and am a bit nervous about it also, since this is the first time I've flown with T. There are a lot of posts about flying on this board. You can do a search and read up on them. For myself, I've bought noise canceling headphones and Earplanes for the takeoff and landing.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Afeef
      Cowboy

Afeef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Thanks a lot @Barbara777

I will be buying one noise cancelling headphones aswell ...

Im very nervous bout this flying thing plus I will be staying there for a year alone away from home that adds up to my nervousness and stress....

Don't know how i will be able to manage my T along with my studies and staying there....

I hope everything goes well !

4. iamgrmm2

iamgrmm2 Member

Everything will be okay. Just keep calm and don't bother about it. The more you worry the more it keeps getting back. Relax, grab noise canceling headphones and enjoy the ride. Don't let T take over your life. "LIVE A LIFE YOU WILL REMEMBER."

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Afeef
      Cowboy

Afeef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Thanks a lot @iamgrmm2

Really appreciate your advice.

Afeef

6. Barbara777

Barbara777 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2/2015
      Afeef, you will be fine. Don't stress about it because then it will seem to get worse. Just an example, today was the first time I was at the dentist since I got t. I've read so many awful things about dental appointments on this board, that while I was in the waiting room my t spiked from nerves. The appointment went fine with no trouble at all and t went down. So stay calm, try not to think about the t and everything will be alright. This is an exciting time in your life, so enjoy every moment. Good luck with you MBA!

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Afeef
      Cowboy

Afeef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Thanks once again @Barbara777 you are AWESOME!

Really felt good reading your reply.
      God willing u will have a great healthy life ahead....

Stay in touch

Afeef