Tried Cocaine and It Has Made My Tinnitus Worse — Help

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rust, Feb 1, 2020.

1. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Stinks? Why do you say that! She might be a tinnitus sage.

2. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Because his brain is healthy.

• Like Like x 1
    3. PeteJ
      Depressed

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Very interesting read and most of it makes sense. I question or don't follow the last part, however.
      People who have had deep depression for most of their life don't necessarily get tinnitus, let alone severe tinnitus.

The article stated that loud noise can affect the pathway that "regulates noise and pain signals. " That sounds like a physical sensation or impact (lack of a better word?)? But, even from that article, I didn't get a hint of what kind of treatment would "cure" a person.

I didn't agree with the article's suggestion that some sort of anti-depressant will help. Lots of people take such things but it doesn't affect their tinnitus in positive ways or decrease it. Some claim it helped ease anxiety but I am interested in speculative ways that could reduce or "cure" the problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Pete, watch Prof. Thanos' Tinnitus Talk Podcast. He answers all your questions as to what causes tinnitus and how to fix it.

5. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      syringing and now somatic T dental work
      I agree.

To solve tinnitus may be to either to fix the cause - the mechanisms or ways to shut down the volume.

Controlling blood pressure ups and downs is a major part for stable health. High or low blood pressure moments causes the body all sorts of problems. Dehydration as well.

• Agree Agree x 1