Tripped Over a Curb — Certain Amount of Whiplash? Now Tinnitus Worse

Discussion in 'Support' started by hmsusauk, Jul 29, 2019.

1. hmsusauk

hmsusauk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello - I have been suffering with tinnitus for the past 8 months or so. This weekend (and I am embarrassed to admit this), I was not paying attention and tripped over a curb crossing the street. I saved my fall with my hands and banged up my knee, but did NOT hit my head.

However, there must have been a certain amount of whiplash and I noticed since it happened, that the ringing in my ears has got worse, especially my left ear. Plus, when I talk or someone talks to me, there is an annoying sort of reverb in my left ear.

I can't get an appointment with my ENT for 3 weeks, but was curious if anyone here has had a similar issue.

Thank you.

2. Skity

Skity Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma / TMJ
      Honestly, I really doubt that such fall caused any real damage (unless if you're like, really old).

We aren't made from glass, we are pretty "well built" and can take quite some damage, and you're hearing that from someone who has been involved in more than one motorcycle crash.

IMO it's nothing but nocebo, but nonetheless get checked by an ENT.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      hmsusauk

hmsusauk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks. I am only 59, so not classified as old! LOL.

As it happens, I went to see a doctor yesterday and I have a perforation in my ear drum - she says she has seen it many times before with people such as myself who have scar tissue from years of ear infections. She said that I must have jolted my head when I saved my fall with my two hands and my knee!

You learn something new every day - I would have never thought that could happen.

4. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      • Informative Informative x 1