Trying to Habituate for the 3rd Time

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by danny grant, Feb 6, 2016.

1. danny grant

danny grant Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Listening to loud music I presume
      Orite guys
      Had tinnitus 15 years and I'm only 29 for fuck sake.hahaha. First got it 2001 after listening to my Walkman at nights to help me sleep. (I think) struggled for few weeks but got used to it and it was no more than a gentle hiss. No problemo....

2009 - was at work then noticed it had ramped up in volume the little bastard. Went through the cycle of all the nasty shit and feelings of helplessness and distress that we all know and love (like fuck). Finally habituated to the new noise after about 5 months and all was well. Fuck tinnitus was my motto....

Sep 2015- fuck me reilly.... It's back with avengance, ramped up in volume again and I've literally gone back to square one again. Fuck my life lol hoping to habituate this time again but it's annoying the shit out of me. Only time I can forget about it is when I'm down the pub with the lads getting pissed sorry for the bad language I'm just a real guy going through this shit. If there's anybody out there with a similar story or anybody that wants to chat then don't hesitate to get in touch with me.
      Thanks guys x

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. ceauses97
      Speechless

ceauses97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music/chemotherapy/hypercalcemia
      Are you sure your tinnitus is caused by loud music? Shouldn't noise-induced tinnitus be stable, unless
      you have intentionally exposed yourself to loud noises ?

3. Hunszi
      Alone

Hunszi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015 (got worse in 20,21)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hey!

Same here. When it started I have no problems with it, it was really mild. Then around 2years ago I got an increase after a party, but I don't really noticed that it rised, just if I think back and compare the things. Now a few month ago I have another increase(same party place...) now I'm pretty annoyed I can't be okay with it. I was really stupid...My habituation was to strong so I didn't care about protection. I've been to a lot of partys with no problem for years. I never thought it can be worse one day. I thought it is there and can't change.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      danny grant

danny grant Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @ceauses97
      God knows mate. Tinnitus works in some crazy ass ways. Yeah man I guess over the years I've not worn ear protection when out at clubs or anything. I just felt fine so didn't bother. Became lazy with my ear health. Fucking bullshit man. So many people who are out loud parties and loud noise all the time and their ears are fine. What did we do to deserve this ay. Makes us fucking strong tho I know that.
      @Hunszi
      I feel you man. It's crazy how it can all change so quickly isn't it. Should of been more careful I guess... But who in their 20's want to go round worrying about loud noise. Supposed to be best times of our lives. We will get through it tho brother I know we will. Cheers for replying to me guys. I like it keep talking x

• Like Like x 1
    5. Zorro!
      Wtf

Zorro! Member

Danny, you got the right attitude. I suspect you will habituate again in time. Hang in there mate! (y)

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      danny grant

danny grant Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Zorro!
      Cheers buddy, I hope so. I guess it's just nice to be reassured no matter how big and hard you think you are. It's nice to be nice. Thanks mate

• Like Like x 2
    7. ceauses97
      Speechless

ceauses97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The reason we have tinnitus, and other people don't, is because most tinnitus suffers lacks b12 and magnesium in the body. There is a strong connection between the nerve system and vitamins. Our ears are simply more vulnerable to nerve and hair cells damage because of vitamin/mineral deficiency. Have you tried any supplements? It may help.

Anyway, I like your attitude. You have survived this before, so I don't see any reason you can't do it again. Good luck bro.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      danny grant

danny grant Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @ceauses97
      Nice one mate, you seem like you know a little bit about it. I thought I did until I came to this site. Crazy how much people know about something so complex. I think you're all cool as fuck. I've heard magnesium may help but I've never tried it. Do you take anything to help? What's your suggestions? Magnesium? How would I take that. I sound stupid LOL cheers bro

• Like Like x 1
    9. ceauses97
      Speechless

ceauses97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just visit your nearest drugstore and ask for the best quality magnesium and b12. Take 400-500 mg magnesium each day. I've read b6,b3, zinc and NAC can also help against tinnitus. Your tinnitus may settle down in volum, but even if it doesn't, it will prevent any further damage to your nerve system and hearing.

hehe, you will be alright... ;)

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      danny grant

danny grant Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @ceauses97
      Thanks matey. Deffo going to look into that in the morning when I go to the shops. Some relief is better than no relief right? I'm gonna hit the sack it's getting late. I'll get back to you mate. Peace

11. James Brown
      Sporty

James Brown Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09-1998 2013(worst)2018 (T+H)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposition-noise trauma-siren
      Normally at this forum people don't talk too much about getting worst. I understand, because people have already enough to handle, so why bother people with problems that couldn't happen?Sorry folks, but the sad news it's noise induced T can get worst and if you are reckless for sure it will be.
      In my almost 20 years of living with this, like you, I had to adjust several times.I was reckless sometimes and I regret it, but my last increasing was a stupid accident with a balloon, one of those things you can't predict it will happen. This time I am having a bad time to cope because my T changed a lot. In bad days I have a noise like a ultrasound bath,who are really annoying and hard to handle. In good days are just a hiss, loud but easier to cope. I am struggling for 3 years to adjust because of the intensity of the sound , and sometimes I get so tired of this.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      danny grant

danny grant Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I appreciate your reply. And I know how it feels to have loud annoying tinnitus I really do. People react differently to it and have different coping strategies. I will protect ears a lot more now and not go to loud places without ear plugs. But you can't escape loud all the time. Eventually something will go boom and bite you in the ass. Unfortunately. Keep going strong I wish you all the best