TTTS for a Long Time, Now Hyperacusis? It's Worrying Me

Discussion in 'Support' started by East, Nov 16, 2019.

1. East
      Pensive

East Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Hello everyone. Been having some weird ear problems for the past 3 weeks and wanted to hear your opinion on it.

So to start out, I have had TTTS (only recently found out it has a name) in my left ear for a long time now, but it had gotten worse about 4 or 5 months ago to the point where anything that is high pitched will cause my ear to flutter. It used to only be very high pitched noises at very high volumes that caused it. While being irritating, it was never painful in any way.

Anyway, three weeks ago I went to a Broadway show with my girlfriend, and I even brought earplugs ("Earaser" brand) because I knew it was going to be super loud and my left ear was going to flutter/distort like crazy. I wore the ear plugs the entire time (about 2.5 hours) and felt fine during and after the show. It wasn't until the next day at work I was around a few of my loud clients, and my TTTS was fluttering like crazy which made me pretty irritated and anxious. That night when I went home I seemed to notice every noise, and noticed all the cars driving by outside, which I attributed to anxiety (I struggle with bad anxiety and panic attacks) This went on for a few days but I eventually calmed down and didn't notice every noise as much, but I did notice a fullness feeling in my ear with a slight earache. Almost like an ear infection.

Fast forward 3 weeks to today and I don't get the fullness feeling anymore, and I don't seem to get instant pain from noises. I can still listen to loud music fine, but I find that being at work all day talking to people I start to get an ear aching feeling/slight burning that lasts until I go home and relax in the quiet. I also sometimes get a very faint click in my ear that happens every 20 seconds or so.

It's kinda worrying me, because I have a friend with severe hyperacusis which really freaked me out, and of course made me go research everything about hyperacusis. And now I'm having similar symptoms :(

Sorry for the long post, just needed to vent a little. What are your guys thoughts??