Underwent Gamma Knife for Acoustic Neuroma Yesterday

Discussion in 'Support' started by Guywithapug, Jan 27, 2021.

1. David S

David S Member Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      @MindOverMatter, how is your experience with the Botox injections so far? Any improvement? Where did they inject? Head, jaw and neck?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Guywithapug
      Dreaming

Guywithapug Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      Week 88 Update:

Yes boys and girls, it's that time again, a post surgery update time!

It's been almost a year since my last update so I thought I'd let everyone know how things are going. Tinnitus has stayed relatively the same since my last post but I'm encouraged by some great days where it and the reactivity are low. I find a deep connection by deep sleep intensity and how the following day will be regarding tinnitus and reactivity.

At this point it doesn't really bother me anymore unless it's a spike day, and that isn't too bad to cope with either. I have my annual MRI coming up in a couple of months so fingers crossed for continued healing and tumor stability!

Have a great day everyone!

• Like x 6
      • Informative x 2
      • Helpful x 1
      • Winner x 1
      • Optimistic x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Guywithapug
      Dreaming

Guywithapug Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL
      2 year update:

Everything seems to be going well so far. I had a small bout of unsteadiness last week that lasted a few days but it seems to have subsided.

I have my 2 year post-op MRI in a couple weeks, so as soon as I get the results I will add it to the past MRI image journal that I'm doing.

Wishing everyone wellness and prosperity.

• Like Like x 6
    4. pine-lore
      Chicken

pine-lore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic neuroma
      Hi there, just wanted to say that I really appreciate this thread and the fact that you've got updates over time on how you are doing since Gamma Knife.

I'm very new to the world of living with tinnitus and an Acoustic Neuroma. The tinnitus started in September, but I only got the official diagnosis for Acoustic Neuroma about 3.5 weeks ago. At this time it's small - 3mm - so I'll likely be a Watch & Wait person for a while - more doctor appointments coming in the new year around all that. But for now I am adjusting to this new normal and it's weird and challenging.

So again - thank you for sharing your journey and being open about it with other people in the name of support!

How are you doing nowadays with the tinnitus and the Acoustic Neuroma?

5. SharonBell

SharonBell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Covid
      @Guywithapug, how are you doing now since you got the acoustic neuroma removed?