Unnatural Selection — A Docuseries on CRISPR

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by another sean, Oct 26, 2019.

1. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      There is a new docuseries on Netflix called Unnatural Selection. It's a 4 part series that covers the topic of CRISPR. If you don't know what CRISPR is, here is the wikipedia entry for it. In short, it's a medical discovery that will effect the human race as profoundly as the discovery of fire, antibiotics and the internet. Essentially you can repair/add/modify any gene you want to your DNA permanently. The series focuses on its research progress, experimental therapy currently being tested and the ability for individuals like you and me to pursue and apply it two ourselves under 'self experimenting' which is currently legal in the US. One guy is literally experimenting in his shed to make dogs glow in the dark. Others are trying to restore vision, regain mobility and eradicate HIV.

I have to believe there is a cure for tinnitus in CRISPR therapies if the right gene is expressed or repaired. I think it is beneficial for everyone to become familiar with this therapy as it's much closer than many may think. I believe it will be the therapy to eradicate and cure cancer.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      There's already a University researching that actually. Hopefully some good comes of it.

https://news.nau.edu/tinnitus-study/#.Xbdb0rdlAwA

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1