Update + 8 Month Anniversary

Discussion in 'Support' started by Brittany, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Brittany
      Anime

Brittany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus Infection?
      So I've recently reached my 8 month anniversary for T (Oh yay...). It's been a tough journey and will probably continue to be a tough journey. Anyways, I FINALLY was able to get some testing done when it should've been done like three months but I digress. I got an MRI and surprise, surprise, nothing popped up. I was hoping there would be some sort of sign of a sinus infection since that's what started it, but oh well I guess :/ And now I've been referred to a neurologist. I've read a lot of posts about this being the next step and is usually fruitless, so I can't say I'm hopeful. To be honest, I've been really down about lately, to the point where I'm considering anti-depressants or counseling. (If anyone has any suggestions as to which medications I should take or anything like that, I'd appreciate it :) I've also been having some other problems too. I've noticed I can't stand more of the high frequency consonant sounds. A few days ago someone pointed out how sharp my S sounds are and since then, I've been hearing it a lot more and can't stop focusing on it. I've always had problems with them, so I'm not sure if it's just my OCD or my H acting up since it has been for the past few days. Anyone else have this sort of problem? :/

Bonus complaint: I recently learned that I'm insulin resistant...so that's fun.

Hope you guys are doing well though!~

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Not sure I'd be calling it an anniversary, sounds too much like a celebration!

All the best. :)

3. eric peterson
      Sporty

eric peterson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 10/2003 Increase: 04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      who knows? who cares?
      @Brittany I took Xanax 0.5 for anxiety for the first couple months. I also took Ambien 12.5CR for about 2 to 2.5 months to help me sleep. Haven't need either in a couple of months, thankfully. But they definitely helped out when I needed them.

4. awbw8
      Balanced

awbw8 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2013
      Hi Brittany, I know it's very frustrating to not know what the cause is, or to not have anything you can really address/fix, but it really is a good thing that nothing showed up on your MRI. On the bright side, you can address the insulin resistance and that might make you feel much, much better on the whole. At least you know and can take steps to take care of one thing. However, I don't say any of this to take away from you need to rant or say that it also sucks to have things be "wrong" with our human bodies. It's not fun at all and I'm sorry you're dealing with both of these things, but I'm glad you're here.

Counseling with a psychiatrist was one of the best things I did when my T was really upsetting me. That person prescribed me about the same cocktail as @eric peterson and I took it for about as long, but it took some experimenting to get there. Everyone has a different body and your doc will be able to help you pick what's best for you. Don't underestimate the power of talking through your thoughts and problems, having someone else give perspective face to face can be really theraputic. As for focusing on issues (your s sounds). I also tend towards focusing on things in that kind of manner when they're pointed out, I think a lot of people who are really upset by T probably deal with some degree of this, but try not to worry too much about it.

I hope everything goes well for you with the doctor and that things continue to get a bit better each day. We're always here for you :)

• Like Like x 1
    5. JFine

JFine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015