Using Electric Toothbrush and Taking a Shower Safe? How Are You Feeling Right Now?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Apocalypse77, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (go-kart racing)
      1. Can electric toothbrush make my tinnitus spike?

2. Is it safe to shower? Should I use earplugs while dealing with a major spike?

3. How are you feeling right now?

2. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      1. If you are anxious, yes. I use one every day. Did not even think not to until reading a post here. My T can be heard over everything, an electric toothbrush has not made it worse nor damaged my hearing. I figure a couple minutes of good daily dental hygiene at home is more likely to help me avoid the dentist drill in the future!

2. Yes, showering is safer than taking a bath. Did you know your lifetime odds of falling and drowning in a bathtub are 1 in 10,499? ;)

Regarding earplugs, they do make plugs for swimming that you could use while showering. However, I do not think that would be necessary. A shower is not like going to a rock concert. Some people with tinnitus even find running water soothing.

I can hear my tinnitus over the shower. It used to temporarily ring louder for a few minutes after I showered. That gradually went away on its own.

3. Tired. It's been a long week, my kids are back to school. Thanks for asking!

• Like Like x 1