Very Vibratory Land Cruiser 4-Wheel Drive Followed by Louder Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Roserosie, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Roserosie

Roserosie Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Some drove in my partner’s Diesel Land Cruiser today for about an hour. I had custom silicone muffs under Peltor X5As. My tinnitus was screaming with the ear plugs and muffs and getting louder and louder. I was getting more and more anxious. The car is very vibratory and we had to drive 40 mins on dirt road.

Now with everything removed - tinnitus is still very loud.
      I have uploaded a reading from my phone using the NOISH app. Can anyone tell me what I should think of theses numbers? Is it just my anxiety that’s creating the spike?

I’m really anxious because we are going away on 2 weeks so I will need to be in the car for 5 hours twice. Really worries about my ability to listen to my tinnitus for that long with protection in the car as well as it gets sooo loud when I have plugs in.

Attached Files:

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Roserosie

Roserosie Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Anyone able to help me interpret the decibel reading?

3. Jaysterk
      Blah

Jaysterk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neomycin
      Those dB levels seem low.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Steve G

Steve G Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20th November 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to left ear made worse by ultrasonic dental clean 2019
      I believe even with plugs in the noise of a diesel engines, mowers and many other motorised devises can still penetrate your ears.

My son has a Toyota Hilux diesel 4x4 and I won't go in it, I hate it even idling in the driveway the noise of the diesel engine makes my tinnitus so much worse.

It must be something to do with the frequency of the ticking and vibration all meshing together, definitely something that I just stay away from, my ears really have trouble with diesel engines.