Volume increase since afternoon

Discussion in 'Support' started by inadmin, Dec 23, 2013.

1. inadmin

inadmin Member

I didn't do anything.... just ate pasta with msg last night. Plus, decided 10 days ago to quit cymbalta and did it clod turkey (yes i know it's not the proper way) - so I took one today morning because of the brain zaps (known side effects). No noise exposure, nothing.

Please, for what it's worth, shed some thoughts about the chance it will settle down, give the above facts...

Read a lot about spikes, hundreds of threads, need some hope in my particual case. Can hardly level with the base volume, but going through day be day, hard to imagine what it would be like to have it louder.

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Inadmin,

I think it's possible that you're having a spike right now because of the Cymbalta withdrawal. It may not subside right away, but I do think it will subside eventually.

I had a similar experience when getting off blood pressure meds. I had really bad tinnitus right at first, and then it gradually subsided.

Good luck with the Cymbalta withdrawal. As I learned from experience, if they say you should taper off a drug gradually, it's best to do it that way!

Best wishes,
      Karen

3. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      @inadmin hi, for me sodium , msg cause the worst spikes, drink a lot of water, Spike will go down by tomorrow at the latest. My last spike was caused by msg in mayonnaise.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      inadmin

inadmin Member

@Sherri786 thanks so much. How much time does it take for the T to "respond" to msg?

(Karen - thanks so much too) :)

5. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      @inadmin you're most welcome , I think for me mostly it's 8 hours after I eat anything " wrong " that the spike kicks in.

Hope your spike has subsided by now.

6. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      yes sherri is right lots of water, i get little spikes from pizza and tomatoe stuff..

7. jmccombs82

jmccombs82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 29, 2013 at 10AM
      I read that the tinnitus should be looked at as your "health meter". Salt for sure creeps up a different type of ringing. It sucks, but at least it reminds us of all the things we should not be eating/drinking. It's a crazy curse.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      inadmin

inadmin Member

Yes thanks so much, it went away after a few hours. But it was mentally rough.

• Like Like x 1