Waterrower — Highly Recommended for a Quiet Workout

Discussion in 'Support' started by pef, Apr 16, 2015.

1. pef

pef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/16/2013
      Before my acoustic trauma I ran often on a treadmill. Typically I ran about 40 miles a week, give or take. However, after my acoustic trauma, I discovered the treadmill when used with the television on was just too loud for a 50 minute exercise session. I took to using foam plugs cut in half in my ears to dampen the noise, but running with those dang things in my ears drove me nuts.

I like to exercise indoors (Atlanta is very hot and humid in the summer), so I was stumped. I though about elliptical machines, but to watch TV I would still need to turn up the volume to a loud level.

I looked into rowers, and I discovered the Waterrower. The all-wood version of this machine is very sturdy and very, very quiet. All that you hear is a faint glide of the seat on the rails, and the "swooshing" of water in the water container. It is extremely quiet for an exercise machine. The wood construction also eliminates the pings and pops and vibrations you may get with steel or aluminum frames.

These are pricey for rowing machines, about $1150 US for the ash wood model, and $1500 for the black walnut wood model. But if you are looking for a good, all-body workout indoors on a machine that won't stress your ears, you should look into this machine.

I'm back to exercising regularly again, and it feels great!

Best,
      PEF

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Stink

Stink Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2000
      isn't it the same machine the president used on HOUSE OF CARDS? the television show

this?
      http://www.amazon.com/WaterRower-Classic-Machine-Walnut-S4/dp/B0006VVFM0/

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      pef

pef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/16/2013
      It is. The black walnut model you linked to is one of the most expensive wood models. The ash wood model is about 400 less.

And Kevin Spacy needs a rowing coach. He technique had a few flaws. :)