Ways to Draw Attention to Tinnitus! Not for Newbies!

Discussion in 'Support' started by valeri, Dec 1, 2015.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @Blackbird26
      @Dana

My mother was diagnosed with TN years ago and was greatly helped by drug called Endep.
      It was a life saver for her.
      From memory it's an old tricyclic antidepressant used for different things.
      I can't tell if hers was bad on a suicidal level but she was in a loooot of pain and going from one dr to another, until oral surgeon prescribed Endep.
      Hope it helps!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. Blackbird26

Blackbird26 Member

Of course. I understand Valeri, desperate times call for desperate measures..we all have those days..believe me, I have thought of going to the local news myself just to spread awareness about h! because it pisses me off that no doc, even my Neurologist, seems to really take its disabling qualities (or pain from it) into consideration. .but I have come to realize it's because they don't know what to do..I had to tell my Neuro about Keppra and then he voices that to my doc and now I'm waiting to see if she will even prescribe it! It's bloody infuriating after all these years of having to do all the research. ..it seems the only person who cares if I get better is me and my pain doc and his methods I'm not even sure about...

anyways I'm rambling and right now have bigger health issues to worry about :/ so I apologize if I came off short, I was responding while sitting in an ER for 5 hrs.....oh Canada's lovely health care system...

Take Care.

3. Blackbird26

Blackbird26 Member

Wow really? I heard another talk about this drug really helping. Ty. It is helpful :)

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      I'm glad if I helped. As I said she was in a lot of pain and doing a runner between the doctors, for months! Nothing!
      Finally an oral surgeon (God bless him) gave her Endep and tn was gone.
      I was on Endep for anxiety when t started but it didn't help me, I generally don't respond to all those psych drugs!
      It's either that I'm screwed behind repair or I'm stronger than drugs:):):)

• Funny Funny x 1
    5. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Well, when there will be a pill so effective for T as Endep sounds to be for TN?
      Nevery, I guess, with the naysayers that cover the voices of people that showed signs that they were willing to do something.
      I knew that your OP may be just a rhetorical one, that's why I wasn't in a hurry to start a list. The naysayers showed up and closed the case.

@Blackbird26
      Good luck with the more realistic project of a petition signed electronically by 10000 people that once signed up as a member, but maybe changed their e-mail long time ago, plus other potential tens of thousands of signatures from other forums or groups on FB, while ATEOS is often mentioning that people don't give as much as a like on TT's FB page. I am sure that the impact of a number of electronic signatures on a petition to WHO will be much bigger than the presence of some real people demonstrating in front of the organization, and the petition will have much more media coverage and adhesions from the population all over the world than a real protest could have had.

Now I will "peace out" and "chill", as I was told to, especially that I have some work to do (I have to review the meaning of the word "sarcasm", as I was told
      that "I failed to detect it, haha". I used to detect sarcasm from miles away, but for me sarcasm had a totally different meaning, not echoing without quote marks what another party says, by somebody that allegedly doesn't agree with what that party says. From what I used to know, quote marks are essential in showing that is just a quote, different than the personal opinion of the person who quotes)

6. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      @Blackbird26
      When I had my last acute TN I had such a severe episode that even going to a doctor was impossible for me to do. All I could do was to go to a pharmacy that is one minute away from my house. I bought what I could, an OTC drug for neuralgia, and that's what the pharmacist gave me, ibuprofen.
      When I became able to, I went to a doctor and when I showed him where it hurts, by drawing the lines along which I had pain, those lines were recognized as the exact ramifications of the trigemenal nerve.
      So I am not misdiagnosed.

Hm, I never thought that having acute TN once in a while is something "interesting". I thought about that as being "awful", but i never thought that somebody may find that "interesting". Jesus!

7. Blackbird26

Blackbird26 Member

Wow. You're a very angry and arrogant I might add individual. Now kindly fuck off and leave me alone like I requested (and you ignored)

and yea..acute occasional attacks is fucking interesting.. lol..

Geez, did I use the wrong word again???!!

anyways....

IMG_20151130_201709.jpg